Customs & Excise Specialist
SABIC | Sittard
At the office in Sittard the position of a Customs & Excise Specialist has arisen (working 1 day a week from other location e.g. Amsterdam and Bergen op Zoom is possible). The Customs & Excise Specialist reports to the Customs & Excise Manager. With the team they are responsible for all the customs and excise duties within Europe. The Customs & Excise group is part of the Global Tax Team, that consists of some 50 tax professionals. More specifically the tasks and responsibilities are:
- Pro-actively advice and support (senior) management on customs & excise aspects of business decisions;
- Support customs & excise tax planning strategies and implementation thereof;
- Continuously monitors and assesses the relevance of changes in customs & excise legislation;
- Provide training and create awareness within the organization on relevant customs & excise topics;
- Monitor and assist in internal and external customs & excise audits;
- Participate in cross-region, cross-functional projects to preserve an optimal customs & excise outcome and ensure regulatory compliance;
- Support implementation of processes and procedures that continuously improve the sustainable efficiency and effectiveness of SABIC’s customs & excise position;
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with internal stakeholders, Tax Authorities, third party advisors and external auditors.
- Master degree: a relevant subject such as Law, tax. Economics or Finance;
- 5-8 years of experience in Customs & Excise gained at a big consultancy or in industry;
- Up to date know how of Customs & Excise law;
- Knowledge to translate Customs & Excise rules to operational activities;
- Strong influencing skills and high adaptability and cultural awareness;
- Good business understanding and knowledge with global outlook;
- Strong project management skills and analytical thinking;
- Some travel will be part of the position.
Apply for this job
Are you interested in this new and innovative in-house tax position, please contact Rogier Ploeger.
+31 (0)6 1884 1557
Share this job