VAT Specialist | Hoofddorp
At the Littelfuse office in Hoofddorp a new position has arisen for a VAT Specialist. The VAT Specialist will report to the Corporate Finance Manager Europe and will be responsible for setting up the VAT process within the European region. You will be providing advise on the various transactions and answering questions from the business and finance organization and you will insure proper handling of the VAT treatment within SAP. Furthermore, you will review the VAT returns now being prepared by finance.
More specifically the tasks and responsibilities include:
- Initiate, propose and implement changes in processes and procedures in view of efficiency and internal control improvements;
- Ensure proper VAT handling in SAP together with IT and external advisors to improve the quality of information. In time manage and support with the implementation of SAP S4 Hana. ERP and implement improvements;
- Critically assess VAT and VAT related processes and identify and implement internal control improvements;
- Review the monthly, quarterly and yearly reporting of VAT, ESL and statistical declarations;
- Provide responsible advice and content to the management and business units on technical VAT issues and risk management;
- Answer and advise on ad hoc VAT questions from business and management;
- Train local finance on VAT and address new VAT developments and the impact thereof on the business;
- Support VAT audits and communicate with local tax authorities;
- Some travel will be part of the position (approx. once a month mainly within Europe).
- 6+ years of experience as a VAT Specialist in-house or in a large tax advisory firm;
- Education in a relevant field e.g. bachelor or master in Accounting or Tax;
- Knowledge of European VAT requirements;
- Knowledge of ERP systems, preferably SAP;
- You are a curious and friendly personality whilst taking care of business;
- Proactively addresses business issues arising and takes action to resolve them;
- Able to communicate on different levels within the organization in a pleasant and positive way to get things done and to the next level;
- English language proficiency. German language skills are a plus.
Apply for this position
Share this job