VAT Manager | Utrecht - Munich - Sofia
Due to the continuing growth and strategic development of Ingram Micro in Europe, we are looking for a VAT Manager to be based in The Netherlands (Utrecht), Germany (Munich) or Bulgaria (Sofia). The VAT Manager will be responsible for the VAT compliance and reporting of Ingram Micro Pan Europe GmbH, the main central purchasing organizations of the Ingram Micro Group and will be the main contact person for the sales and IT teams of Ingram Micro Pan Europe for ad hoc questions relating to VAT impact of cross border transactions and associated IT solutions.
Ingram Micro Pan Europe GmbH centrally procures IT products which are sold throughout Europe by the different country organizations of the Ingram Micro Group.
In a pro-active way the VAT Manager will support the business in determining the correct VAT treatment for proposed transactions, provide recommendations and identify risks when new markets are developed, new product / service lines are introduced or changes like Brexit occur. The VAT Manager will initiate further automation of the compliance process and will work closely with the Sofia based VAT compliance team which is responsible for most of the VAT requirements of the other Ingram Micro Group companies in Europe. He or she is a member of the EMEA tax team with a dotted line reporting to the CFO of Ingram Micro Pan Europe.
The VAT Manager will need to be a self starter who works in an independent manner with limited oversight but will have close interactions with the business operations and IT teams, as well as with Finance and Compliance departments.
More specifically the tasks and responsibilities include:
- VAT filing and management of VAT affairs, including Intrastat filings, in all EMEA countries where Ingram Micro Pan Europe operates;
- Identification and evaluation of tax risks as well as opportunities regarding respective VAT issues;
- Ensure timely VAT payments and follow up on VAT refunds;
- Keep track on VAT developments and update the organization accordingly;
- Initiate and implement VAT automation for Ingram Micro Pan Europe in close co-operation with the VAT compliance team in Sofia, Bulgaria;
- In consultation with IT ensure further standardization, automation and continuous improvement of VAT compliance;
- Streamline the VAT compliance processes in order to make sure various ERP systems can handle VAT compliance;
- Answer and advise on ad hoc VAT questions from business and finance teams;
- Support VAT audits and communicate with local tax authorities;
- Provide VAT training to business.
- Education in a relevant field (bachelor or master) and 4+ years of experience in a VAT compliance practice as VAT consultant or in house VAT Compliance Specialist;
- Proficient user of Excel and other MS applications;
- Experience with ERP systems such as SAP and Oracle is a plus, with a keen interest in VAT automation;
- Understands AP/AR, Master Data etc;
- Good communication skills in English both written and verbal is essential, and ideally German;
- Pro-active and able to work independent;
- Good research and analytical skills.
Apply for this position
Are you interested to learn more about this dynamic role and want to learn more about this leading and continuously growing company please contact Rogier Ploeger.
+31 (0)6 18841557
Share this job