Aegon | Den Haag
At the corporate head office based in The Hague the position of VAT Manager has become vacant. He/she is part of Group Tax that consists of some 14 people. The tax group provides tax advice to all Aegon’s Dutch business operations, performs an oversight role over Aegon’s non-Dutch units, and handles/coordinates the global tax issues that Aegon faces. You will work with business, finance, treasury, legal and tax colleagues around the world.
The VAT Manager will be responsible for managing Aegon’s Dutch VAT and Insurance Premium Tax position and performing oversight over Aegon’s global indirect tax position. The VAT manager will report to the Head of Tax Advisory Netherlands. The activities in the field of VAT are extensive and diversified. In particular, the activities and responsibilities consist of:
- Advising Aegon Dutch business operations (insurance, asset management and banking operations) on all kind of VAT and IPT related issues
- Supporting international projects from a VAT-perspective, e.g. centralization of IT services, cross border cost allocation, outsourcing, investment fund structures
- Optimizing the VAT reclaim position
- Maintaining, monitoring and improvibg the Tax Control Framework for VAT and IPT purposes
- Reviewing the periodic VAT returns
- Monitoring legislative VAT developments and VAT case law
- Maintaining a good dialogue and relationship with the Dutch tax authorities
The ideal candidate has a Dutch university degree in tax and about 8 to 10 year’s experience in VAT. Experience in financial services and with tax technology is a strong plus.
You are a team player and pro-active. You are an energetic personality. You are capable to be clear on content while maintaining good working relationships with your counterparts. You are pragmatic, eager to learn and you want to contribute to the success of the Group Tax team. Fluency in English and Dutch, both written and spoken, is required.
Apply for this position
Deel deze vacature