LyondellBasell | Rotterdam
At the European head office in Rotterdam the position of a VAT Counsel has become vacant. The VAT Counsel is part of the Global Indirect Tax Team. As a VAT Counsel within LyondellBasell you provide ad hoc advice on VAT related matters and other indirect taxes to all the departments and stakeholders within Europe, Asia, International (EAI). You have a thorough knowledge VAT law, rulings and court decisions within the EAI with emphasis on the Netherlands, Belgium, Italy, Germany, France, Spain and UK and the impact legislative change can have.
The following responsibilities and accountabilities are applicable:
- Proactively approach business leaders to understand changes in the business and the impact it has on indirect tax and to advise and ensure business is conducted in a VAT efficient and compliant manner to identify VAT and cash flow optimization opportunities.
- Review contracts and advise preferred VAT clauses (in line with standard internal approval process).
- Create VAT awareness; provide training, guidance, support and solutions to other departments and internal staff members.
- Act as back-up of the VAT Counsel/Head of Indirect Tax including dealing with escalation issues and any staff matters.
- Act as back-up of the Compliance coordinator including VAT compliance review activities.
- Act as a focal point for EAI audits by tax authorities or internal audit in the VAT area. This involves tax research of contested issues, coming up with resolutions to tax assessments levied by taxing authorities.
- Work with global tax colleagues and other corporate functions to identify, evaluate and implement value adding projects.
- Take ownership for managing/coordinating other types of indirect tax in EU such as property tax, energy taxes etc. where appropriate.
- Dutch master’s degree in Taxation (University Fiscal Economics or Tax Law)
- Typically minimum of 10 years work experience of working experience in the VAT area within the Big Four and/or corporate multi-national environment
- Excellent knowledge of VAT law, rulings and court decisions within the EAI with emphasis on the Netherlands, Belgium, Italy, Germany, France, Spain and UK
- Experience with managing tax planning projects and can demonstrate the use of project management methodology
- Analytical thinker
- Is able to write clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles; can get messages across that have the desired effective results.
- Outward focus, bring learning’s and best practice from other companies or consulting firms into LyondellBasell
- Self-starter but also a team player
- Hands on, accurate and on time.
- Experienced in automating processes, knowledge of SAP
- Fluent in Dutch and English. German and/or French is a plus.
The role requires a combination of two important aspects. First of all you bring a thorough and up to date knowledge of legislation (tax law) and the impact of changes in legislation for the short- and longer-term period for a product producing company like LYB. Secondly, you are approachable, and service minded. You feel at ease advising colleagues from all levels throughout our offices and different sites.
Apply for this position
Are you looking for a role in a multinational and culturally diverse environment? Are you keen on solving challenging problems on VAT and other indirect tax related matters? Feel free to call Rogier Ploeger or Andreas Koper or send us your CV.
+31 (0)6 1884 1557
+31 (0)6 2142 5475
Deel deze vacature