VAT Compliance Specialist | Rotterdam (Hybrid)
At Westlake Epoxy’s head office located in Rotterdam the position has become vacant for a VAT Compliance Specialist. In this role you will be responsible for part of Westlake Epoxy’s indirect tax function and you will report to the Senior Indirect Tax Manager. You will perform accurate and timely VAT related filings and provide all round indirect tax support to business entities across the EU region. You ensure that Westlake Epoxy maintains compliant with all (international) tax rules and regulations and you identify and mitigate tax risks from a VAT perspective. You will work closely with Finance, AP, AR, Supply Chain, Logistics, Customer Service and other departments.
More specifically the main tasks and responsibilities include:
- Ensure a timely, complete and well-documented VAT/Intrastat filings for the European operations;
- Perform VAT related accounting activities (general ledger clearing, monthly/annual account reconciliations, SOX documentation);
- Respond to day-to-day VAT queries from other departments, external parties and tax authorities;
- Support tax/finance projects, new business set-up, systems and activities like the implementation of SAP S/4 HANA in the nearby future;
- Assist with audits from the relevant (tax) authorities;
- Help to optimize indirect tax processes and reduce VAT exposure;
- Continuously monitor and set-up actions in response to new information and changes in business, legislation and jurisprudence;
- Contribute to in-depth VAT knowledge and VAT awareness within the organization;
- Act as key contact person for VAT related issues and other indirect tax matters.
- At least 5+ years’ experience in filing of EU VAT, Sales Listings and Intrastat returns;
- Education in a relevant field e.g. Bachelor in Accounting or Tax;
- Experience with SAP, Excel and international environment is a plus;
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills;
- Teamwork and cooperation;
- Proactive, accurate, hands-on mentality and willing to learn and work in a dynamic organization;
- Good written and verbal communication abilities in English.
Apply for this position
Are you looking for a position where you can pick up more than VAT Compliance and where you can develop towards an allround VAT position at a global market leader, please contact Patrick Asscher or Rogier Ploeger.
+31 (0)6 53809235
+31 (0)6 18841557
Share this job