VAT Compliance Specialist
Refresco | Rotterdam
At the corporate head office based in Rotterdam the new (part-time) position has become available for a VAT Specialist. He/she will report to the Finance Manager and seats in the finance team. The VAT Compliance Specialist will also work together with the Group Tax Manager. The VAT Compliance Specialist is responsible for the VAT Compliance for the Refresco Holding in different countries. Next to this he/she will be responsible for ensuring the integrity of the VAT flows and set-up in SAP. Ad-hoc advisory will also be part of the position. More specifically the tasks and responsibilities will be amongst others:
- Prepare monthly/quarterly VAT returns and Intrastat declarations for different EU countries (Netherlands, Poland, Finland, France, Belgium, Germany, Luxemburg, Spain, UK).
- Ensuring the VAT Flows and set-up in SAP. Being involved in VAT automation process.
- Review correctness of the applied VAT treatments on purchase and sales invoices.
- VAT related accounting activities (postings, clearings and reconciliations) and ensuring compliance with agreed rulings with the Dutch tax authorities.
- Acting as primary contact person for internal VAT related questions, e.g. VAT advisory.
- Participate in M&A related projects to safeguard the optimal VAT position.
- Acting as contact person for local tax authorities concerning VAT related matters.
- In close collaboration with the Tax Manager and Finance Manager, maintain contact with the Dutch VAT tax inspector under the Horizontal Monitoring Agreement.
- Bachelor degree in Accounting / Business Economics/Tax.
- At least 5 years of experience in VAT Compliance.
- A good understanding of (inter)national VAT Accounting and Financial Accounting.
- Advanced Excel spreadsheet and ERP knowledge (preferably SAP).
- Good negotiating and influencing skills.
- Ability to proactively interact well between departments (procurement, sales and accounting).
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Personality traits: Integrity, Ownership, Pro-active, Entrepreneurship, Results oriented, Team player.
- Fluent in English and Dutch.
Apply for this position
Refresco offers a challenging part-time VAT Compliance position in a dynamic and changing environment. Are you interested and do you want to develop in VAT Automation and VAT advisory please contact Andreas Koper or Rogier Ploeger.
+31 (0)6 1884 1557
+31 (0)6 2142 5475
Deel deze vacature