VAT Compliance Manager | Rotterdam
At Wilmar Europe’s head office located near Rotterdam Central Station the position has become vacant for a VAT Compliance Manager. In this role you will be part of the European Finance Team and you report to the Finance Manager. The European VAT Compliance Manager will manage all VAT matters. You will be primarily responsible to ensure that Wilmar Europe maintains compliant with all (international) tax rules and regulations and to identify and mitigate tax risks from a VAT perspective. You will ensure all VAT filings and settlements with authorities are done correctly and timely. You further review draft tax filings prepared by team members and external consultants. You will also provide ad hoc VAT advise.
More specifically the main tasks and responsibilities include:
- Ensure a timely, complete and well-documented tax position for internal and external VAT reporting of all Wilmar Europe Entities;
- Supervise the preparations done both internally and externally and ensure VAT filings are executed in a correct and timely matter. Follow up on the settlements with the authorities;
- Keep abreast of new European tax rules and requirement as well as evolving best practices in compliance control and ensure these are implemented (both in the finance and business processes);
- Analize the administration/administrative systems that support the preparation of VAT returns and make proposals for improvement;
- Provide ad hoc VAT advise and support the business in the VAT challenges;
- Work closely with the IT team to prepare the systems and procedures to ensure compliance with changes in relevant EU tax matters;
- Follow up in EU Sales listings and Intrastat;
- Provide support on VAT audits;
- Implement, maintain and manage a tax control framework;
- Maintain contacts/conduct consultations with tax advisors and the tax authorities;
- Manage and support one direct report;
- Support the business in other tax means corporate tax, withholding tax and various other tax implications (this is only limited in time spend).
- Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree (HBO+ education) in fiscal, financial and/or management accounting;
- At least 6 years’ experience in filing of VAT, EU Sales listings and Intrastat returns;
- Advanced knowledge of Excel;
- Ambitious, self starting and hands-on;
- Experience with ERP systems, SAP or Navision would be an advantage;
- Experience in communications with tax authorities, auditors and tax consultants;
- Experience in improving and registering VAT Compliance processes.
Apply for this position
Are you looking for an independent VAT Compliance Manager position in a growing business and you love to work in a truly international environment, please contact Rogier Ploeger or Patrick Asscher.
+31 (0)6 18841557
+31 (0)6 5380 9235
Share this job