VAT Compliance & Automation Specialist | The Netherlands
Due to the growth of our Indirect Tax business unit, we are looking for a VAT Compliance & Automation Specialist. She/he will be working at our clients which are generally multinational and listed companies to fulfill all kinds of secondments and projects. The assignments vary in length (on average about 5-6 months) and location. The VAT Compliance & Automation specialist will be primarily involved in VAT Compliance & Accounting- and VAT Automation projects.
We offer you the possibility to develop from a VAT-compliance into a VAT-automation specialist. As we believe these jobs will be more and more linked in the future.
More specifically the tasks and responsibilities are:
VAT Compliance & Accounting activities:
- Preparing/reviewing/filing VAT returns and other compliance obligations (from beginning to the end) for various countries in EU;
- Assist clients with VAT audits set up due to filed VAT returns;
- Support in ad hoc VAT Compliance related requests and projects;
- Assist / advise clients with VAT and Intrastat related questions from/towards the tax authorities and the business;
- Performing sample checks on transaction data/invoices for each return and make necessary adjustments;
- Preparing the VAT accounts reconciliations and clearings;
- VAT training of non-VAT employees of the client.
VAT Automation activities:
- Assist in ERP implementation projects from a VAT perspective; like SAP S4/Hana or Oracle
- ERP testing on VAT set-up and determination; e.g. flows, codes, other relevant data’s effects on VAT decision. ERP systems are predominantly SAP (increasingly SAP S4/Hana) or Oracle, but Microsoft dynamics JDEdwards etc. are also systems you will work and get familiar with.
- In consultation with IT and Tax departments ensure further standardization, automation and continuous improvement of the VAT process;
- Data process improvements, and data analytics, using various tooling (Alteryx, Excel or custom build tools).
The VAT Compliance & Automation Specialist will need to be a hands-on, practical, self starter who can work independently. She/he will also have the backup and training from our experienced Indirect Tax Partners. You have a solid background in VAT Compliance and affinity with VAT Automation.
- Education in a relevant field (bachelor or master) and 5+ years of experience as a VAT Specialist handling European VAT.
- In-house experience is a plus.
- Experience with ERP systems such as SAP and Oracle is a preferred, but possibility to learn on the job.
- Pro-active, hands-on and able to work independent.
- Ability to work at different levels in organizations.
- Fun, easy-going and sociable personality.
- Eager to learn and develop.
- Fluent English is essential and ideally Dutch.
- Willing to work in different locations (but always in consultation).
Apply for this position
Share this job