VAT Compliance & Automation Lead | Rotterdam area
Carrier will build a new Global VAT Compliance function which will be part of the Global VAT Compliance and Automation Centre of Excellence. The position has now arisen for a VAT Compliance and Automation Lead for the EMEA region. He/she will be located in the Rotterdam area and reports to the Global VAT Lead.
Excellent opportunity to build and lead a centralized VAT Compliance function for Carrier in the EMEA region. As the VAT Compliance and Automation Lead for the EMEA region, the individual will be involved in the process of defining and shaping Carrier’s EMEA VAT compliance function. This includes working with various internal stakeholders and external partners to identify, map and take ownership of VAT compliance related processes. It will also include building a team of dedicated VAT compliance specialists that will report to the VAT Compliance and Automation Lead.
More specifically, the main tasks and responsibilities include:
- Help define an EMEA VAT compliance model that fits the needs of Carrier;
- Build and manage a team of dedicated VAT compliance specialists that will be responsible for the EMEA VAT compliance of Carrier’s operations;
- Help with transitioning the VAT compliance processes from Carrier’s Finance organization and external advisors to the new EMEA VAT Compliance function;
- Standardize Carrier’s VAT compliance processes in the EMEA region;
- Act as central point of contact for EMEA VAT compliance;
- Review the VAT data and reports of Carrier’s operations;
- Manage preparation, review and approval of VAT returns and other VAT related filings, e.g. EC Sales Lists, Intrastat, digital filings;
- Provide support during routine audits and support with answering standard queries from tax authorities;
- Support Carrier businesses with claiming back foreign VAT;
- Follow up on legislative changes and business changes in order to ensure that the systems and/or processes are updated;
- Support the business with determining how new tax requirements or business changes will impact VAT processes;
- Perform VAT compliance process reviews to identify potential issues / weaknesses;
- Continuously work on process improvement with the VAT compliance and local finance teams;
- Host VAT trainings / VAT update sessions for the VAT compliance team;
- Communication, collaboration, and coordination with other members of the tax group, as well as other headquarter and business functions as appropriate and necessary;
- Manage relationships with outside advisors;
- Maintain database of tax policy and procedures.
The ideal candidate has 10+ years of relevant VAT Compliance experience with an EMEA focus, preferably gained at a Big 4 firm combined with some years in-house. Experience with setting up a central VAT Compliance function is a strong plus. As is experience with internal business processes and ERP-systems (a.o. SAP, JDE and Oracle) and automation thereof.
You are flexible and you have very good communicative and organizational skills. You are hands-on, a team-player and have the ability to manage a team remotely. Hard working, being able to deal with pressure and self-reliant are important compentencies, as is a desire to learn. You are fluent in English and open to travel of 5-10%
Apply for this position
Share this job