VAT Compliance & Reporting Specialist | Amsterdam
Due to the continuing growth of Quaker Houghton we are looking for a VAT Compliance and Reporting Specialist at the corporate office in Uithoorn/Amsterdam Area in The Netherlands. The VAT Compliance and Reporting Specialist will ensure VAT compliance in the EMEA region, and will initiate to further automate the compliance process and will provide ad hoc VAT technical support. He or she is member of the EMEA finance & tax team and reports to the EMEA tax manager. In this role the VAT Compliance and Reporting Specialist will work in a multidisciplinary team with operations teams (supply chain, procurement and manufacturing), commercial teams (including customer service) and with finance team.
More specifically the tasks and responsibilities include:
- VAT filing and management of VAT affairs, including Intrastat filings, in all EMEA countries;
- Detection and evaluation of tax risks as well as opportunities regarding respective VAT issues;
- Instigate VAT payments and follow up VAT refunds;
- Ensuring the organization is fully compliant with VAT regulations and keep track on VAT developments and update the organization accordingly;
- Initiate and implement VAT automation across EMEA.
- In consultation with ICT ensure further standardization, automation and continuous improvement of VAT compliance;
- Streamline the VAT compliance processes in order to make sure various ERP systems can handle VAT compliance;
- Answer and advise on ad hoc VAT questions from business and finance teams;
- Support VAT audits and communicate with local tax authorities;
- Provide VAT training to business.
- Education in a relevant field (bachelor or master) and 4+ years of experience in a VAT compliance practice as VAT consultant or in house VAT Compliance Specialist.
- Proficient user of Excel and other MS applications;
- Someone who is very good with systems and processes.
- Experience with ERP systems such as SAP and Oracle is a plus, with a keen interest in VAT automation;
- Understands AP/AR, Master Data etc.
- Fluent communication skills in English both written and verbal is essential;
- Additional European Languages highly desirable;
- Pro-active and able to meet tight deadlines;
- Good research and analytical skills.
Apply for this position
Are you interested to learn more about this dynamic role and want to learn more about this leading and continuously growing company please contact Rogier Ploeger.
+31 (0)6 18841557
Share this job