VAT Automation Manager | Amsterdam
At the EMEA head office based in Amsterdam the position has become available for a VAT Automation Manager EMEA. He/she will be part of the International Tax department of Tesla in Amsterdam consisting of 14 employees. The VAT Automation Manager will work closely together with the IT department, the tax Team and finance team to ensure the improvement and automation of the various VAT processes. You will be needing to bring new, fitting and creative solutions working with Microsoft Dynamics AX, Sabrix and Tesla’s in-house systems.
As the company is growing very rapidly, both in terms of product diversity and geographical footprint, the role is expected to develop accordingly. This role is therefore perfectly positioned for growth as the organization further expands. The candidate is expected to initiate and manage increasing automation of the VAT processes. As these processes become standardized, the candidate will be able to expand into other areas like structuring, planning, new market entries.
The Responsibilities include amongst others:
- Initiate and work on ad-hoc projects to optimize, restructure and automate internal processes and procedures, assist & support IT from a VAT perspective.
- Data-analytics on quality master data, VAT Determination, VAT account set-up, etc.
- Analyze and do the mapping of the VAT settings in the various ERP systems for all business units.
- Initiating VAT automation improvement and managing internal projects by aligning with relevant stakeholders like IT, project managers, group tax and finance.
- Keep up-to-date on VAT relevant tax codes and legal changes or support new supply chains in the very dynamic Tesla environment.
- Analyze and resolve VAT issues and queries and making them future proof.
- Provide advice on VAT system related questions from businesses and key stakeholders.
- In charge of keeping up to date and automate documentation and VAT processes with respect to existing and new supply chains, provide input on VAT treatment and the corresponding system handling.
- Collaborate with other VAT team members for any VAT related day to day questions, audits, etc.
- Liaising with external consultants & tax authorities in respect of reporting obligations and issues.
- University degree in fiscal economics or tax law.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in an international VAT practice and experience with VAT Automation (there will be room for learning on the job).
- Solid project management and planning capabilities, combined with an excellent feel for and understanding of finance and VAT processes and how to balance those against VAT requirements.
- Be capable of achieving short-term results, whilst never losing the right end-state out of sight.
- A self-starter who is able to work effectively and autonomously.
- A great communicator who can build strong working relationships with external advisors and internal stakeholders.
- Accustomed to multitasking, prioritizing and meeting challenging deadlines.
- Knowledge of ERP systems (Microsoft Dynamics is an advantage).
- Fluency in English (additional language capabilities are a plus).
- A flexible working attitude and feeling at home in a challenging yet informal corporate environment.
- A proven track record in managing tax compliance in multiple jurisdictions, combined with and an excellent understanding of tax accounting rules and processes will be essential to succeed in this position.
- Highly structured and disciplined approach.
Apply for this position
Share this job