Tax Compliance Specialist
DEGIRO | Amsterdam
For the Global Tax department in Amsterdam, DEGIRO is searching for a Tax Compliance Specialist, a new and challenging position within the team. You will be part of a tax team consisting of three (in time five) Tax Specialists who together are responsible for the global tax position. The tax compliance specialist will be the (administrative) backbone of the Global Tax department and will report to the Head of Tax. The activities of the tax compliance specialist will predominately relate to Group Taxes (CIT, VAT and payroll taxes) and furthermore relates to operational taxes (approx. 10% time spent). More specifically the tasks will be:
- Preparation of the Dutch corporate income tax return of the fiscal unity and some standalone group entities;
- Managing the international (CIT, VAT and payroll tax) Compliance process;
- Providing support in case of requests by (Dutch) tax authorities;
- Assisting in the further automation of the tax return preparation, tax accounting and reporting processes and compliance processes. You will be having an active role in further digitizing the Global Tax affairs together with DEGIRO’s IT department;
- Managing compliance surrounding various operational taxes (withholding taxes, capital taxes, transaction taxes or similar taxes);
- Monitoring the status of corporate income tax compliance of all group entities;
- Managing and executing the foreign VAT refund and recovery process;
- Assisting in the year-end review of the DEGIRO tax schedules;
- Performing control activities with regard to the tax control framework;
- Managing relationship with tax authorities, external tax advisors, internal stakeholder (IT, risk, legal, finance en operations) and DEGIRO partners;
- General support to the Global Tax team in day-to-day activities and projects.
- A Dutch degree in tax law, tax economics.
- Approx. 2 to 5 years of proven experience in corporate income tax compliance with a solid understanding of international tax concepts.
- Able to independently prepare and file the complex CIT return of companies with foreign subsidiaries and permanent establishments.
- Experience with tax accounting and reporting is a big plus.
- You are a self-starter, and proactive, who loves to work in a young and dynamic work environment.
- You are fluent in Dutch and good in English.
Apply for this job
Are you interested in working in a young and professional team in a dynamic and rapidly expanding organisation, please contact Rogier Ploeger or Fred Spee.
Share this job