Tax Specialist | Amsterdam
At the office in Amsterdam a position for a Tax Specialist has become vacant. He or she will be part of the global tax department. In the new Amsterdam office there will be a group of some 4 people, the Tax Specialist is for now the only tax person. The Tax Specialist works closely together with the Şişecam HQ tax department in Istanbul, which consist of 4 people. He or she will be reporting to the Group Tax Manager (based in Istanbul). You will be responsible for the Tax, Statutory and Compliance matters of Şişecam Dutch entities and have an all-round role in the fields of international tax planning, VAT, transfer pricing, tax reporting & tax compliance. More specifically the responsibilities and activities include:
- Provide (international) corporate income tax- and VAT advice for the Dutch entities and international subsidiaries;
- Advise and assist in acquisitions, divestments, restructurings and development activities;
- Prepare, review and file the annual Dutch corporate income tax returns;
- Supports and assists the team with tax reporting;
- Make TP calculations, build files with supporting tax documentation in a structured and easily understandable manner (a.o. CbC reporting and Transfer Pricing);
- Review Dutch VAT returns, support EMEA VAT in maintaining tax codes;
- Be responsible for tax aspects of internal dividend distribution, responsible for timely filing of the withholding tax returns of the Dutch entity;
- Support and assist in international tax audits by providing information requested by tax auditors and project manage the information flow and audit process;
- Monitors tax legislative changes and updates existing processes in line with regulatory changes and group requirements;
- Be the first point of contact for Tax Authorities;
- Manage the relationship with the external tax advisors (including providing information to the advisors and dealing with any queries);
- Provide support in other ad hoc tax to the tax department in Istanbul.
The ideal candidate has a Bachelor or Master degree in Tax and a minimum of 5 years of experience within a tax consultancy firm or multinational company. You have experience with (inter)national Corporate Income Tax. Furthermore you are familiar with transfer pricing and VAT.
You are able to follow procedures and meet deadlines. You have a hands-on attitude, you are strong in project management and a self-starter and you have a problem solving attitude. You are capable to work under pressure with a minimum of supervision and should be comfortable taking on new tasks which is not on your expertise area. You can work in a team and able to work and be comfortable in a multi-cultural (cross border) matrix environment.
You have good communication skills, both in Dutch and in English.
Apply for this position
Are you interested in this challenging in-house position in an international environment and want to learn more about it, please contact Rogier Ploeger (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Anneke Stoeken (email@example.com).
+31 (0)6 2142 5475
Share this job