Tax Reporting Manager | Amsterdam
At the corporate head office based in Amsterdam, the position has become vacant for a Tax Reporting Manager. The Tax Reporting Manager will report to the Director Tax Reporting who is based in the US. The Tax Reporting Manager will be the primary contact for the tax reporting processes within various international jurisdictions and will have a main focus on Europe but Middle East, Latin America and Africa are also important regions. The individual will be responsible for managing internal and external reporting requirements for these jurisdictions.
More specifically, the tasks and responsibilities include:
Tax Accounting, Forecasting, and Compliance
- Work with finance and local country operational controllers to manage and review the preparation of interim and annual income tax provisions pursuant to ASC 740 for the relevant legal entities.
- Prepare and/or review ASC 740-10 (“FIN 48”) documentation as appropriate.
- Participate with the tax planning team on acquisitions and business development projects to provide tax accounting expertise, ensure the appropriate current and deferred tax implications are properly reported in the financial statements, and tax forecasts accurately reflect new acquisitions.
- Work with finance and local country operational controllers to forecast annual cash income tax payments on a monthly basis.
- Coordinate with local country operational controllers and third party tax service providers to ensure timely and accurate filing of required local country income tax returns and related filings.
- Timely, accurate and robust tax provision calculations during the quarterly and annual tax accounting process.
- Identification of tax accounting process improvements.
- Optimizing/championing the use of technology to enhance the tax accounting process.
- Build strong relationships with cross functional groups in the accounting, treasury, and finance groups throughout the organization.
- Conduct formal and informal income tax provision calculation trainings.
- Build strong relationships with third-party tax service providers.
- At least 8 years of experience with a strong emphasis on tax accounting & reporting for multinational companies gained at a Big 4 firm. Some in-house experience is considered a plus.
- Degree in Tax, Accounting or Finance is required; a graduate tax degree or certified accountant designation (e.g., NOB, RB or CPA) is preferred.
- Experience with international (i.e., non-US) tax accounting is required.
- Working knowledge of tax concepts applied in key jurisdictions is a plus.
- Solid background in US GAAP with IFRS knowledge.
- Exceptional communication skills including the ability to interface with multiple groups inside the tax department as well as across functional groups outside the tax function required.
Apply for this position
If you are interested in this Tax Accounting and reporting position at a dynamic and truly global multinational entity, please contact Rogier Ploeger.
+31 (0)6 18841557
Share this job