Tax Planning Manager | Rotterdam
The Tax Planning Manager role is a member of the Global Tax Planning and Counsel team and is based in Rotterdam, Netherlands. This is a newly created role reporting into the Director – Global Tax Planning for the EAI region.
The Tax Planning Manager is principally responsible for developing and implementing global tax planning and risk mitigation strategies with a focus primarily on pan-European tax matters, requiring close coordination with business representatives, colleagues within Tax and other corporate functions as well as external advisors in various jurisdictions .The areas of responsibility would typically include those listed below:
Areas of Responsibilities
1. Tax advice for EAI business segments
- Act as point of contact appointed and engaged with key stakeholders in the different business segments to support operational matters and identify tax savings opportunities
- Provide direct tax technical support to the LYB business segments relative to operational activities and structural changes in their organizations
- Identify and pursue meaningful tax incentives in particular in the area of Sustainability
2. Develop and implement global tax planning and risk mitigation strategies
- Identify opportunities for legal entity simplification, business synergies and tax savings through internal restructuring transactions
- Lead implementation of cross-border tax planning projects in coordination with other internal stakeholders (Treasury Dept, Controlling, General Accounting, Legal, Business leads, Directors of Legal entities…)
- Lead multi-jurisdiction legal entity restructuring projects in support of commercial and operating model changes
3. Develop and implement tax controversy strategies across common issues in the EAI region
- In collaboration with local country tax managers, develop tax controversy and litigation approaches on common issues across the region
- Identify and implement process improvements to increase efficiencies and mitigate risks
- Support on implementation of corporate governance related projects as part of risk mitigation strategies globally
- In coordination with Transfer Pricing team, develop and implement global/regional approaches to cross-border transaction or audit driven tax opinions, tax rulings, MAPs, and APAs
- 8 – 10 years’ work experience within the Big Four or corporate multi-national environment with exposures to International Corporate Income Tax and other tax matters across different European countries. Dutch tax expertise is a plus.
- Master’s degree in Tax / International taxation or equivalent level of education / Qualified as a Tax Lawyer in one large European country (NL, UK, Germany, France preferred).
- Excellent tax technical and analytical skills.
- Specific and extensive experience in dealing with European and international cross-border issues and various types of legal and business structures (partnerships, joint ventures, branches).
- Experience with managing people and/or projects with functional or cross functional lines.
- Fluent in English both verbal and written forms, fluency in another European language.
Apply for this position
Share this job