Tax Manager | Rotterdam
For its Global Tax department in Rotterdam, Royal Vopak is looking for a Tax Manager. You will be part of the tax team consisting of four who are responsible for the global tax position. The Tax Manager will report to the Global Director Tax. The activities of the Tax Manager will predominantly consist of managing the tax element of our (global) business development, greenfield and M&A projects in collaboration with the global director tax and supporting the global tax department in general. More specifically the tasks will be:
- Support the various Vopak teams (business development, M&A, legal and treasury) with due diligence, perform tax analysis to support deal planning, and support deal integration efforts. Your activities consist of (but not limited to):
- Advise on the legal structure of the projects, financing and flow of funds of the transactions involved.
- Review of or provide information for the DD reports.
- Analyzing and quantifying risks and opportunities involved.
- Draft and review the tax clauses in contracts and determine if the tax risks are sufficiently mitigated in the various contracts (SPA, commercial contracts).
- Review the tax elements of an investment plan.
- Ensuring tax compliance relating to these projects/transactions.
- Determine the tax accounting consequences.
- Support the global tax department on a wide variety of internal tax projects;
- Being a vocal point for the business on their tax affairs, especially regarding planning and implementation of tax projects.
- Support in optimizing and roll-out of the global tax control framework;
- Support in setting out medium and long term tax strategy, given international, regional and country specific tax developments in conjunction with the evolution of the business;
- Together with legal, maintaining the tax design behind corporate legal structure;
- Analysis of the impact of global tax developments and trends on the governance and compliance responsibilities of the group;
- Assisting in the further automation of the tax processes and having an active role in digitizing the Global Tax affairs;
- Maintaining a good relationship with internal stakeholders (finance, legal, business), external tax advisors and tax authorities.
- Dutch university degree in Tax Law or Tax Economics
- 7-9 years’ International Corporate Income Tax experience at a major and international accounting or law firm or multinational.
- Experience with acquisitions and divestitures, including post-merger integrations is a strong plus.
- Ability to work independently and under pressure within strict time constraints.
- Strong communication skills and a high sense of ownership.
- Teamplayer, result driven, strong organizational skills. Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
- Experience with project-based working.
- Is fluent in Dutch and good in English.
- Some travel may be required in the long term.
Apply for this position
Are you interested in this challenging position with a high degree of responsibility in a Dutch multinational with a history over 400 years where you can work in an enthusiastic team of highly motivated colleagues please contact Rogier Ploeger.
+31 (0)6 18841557
Share this job