Tax Manager | Rotterdam
At the corporate head office in Rotterdam the position for a Senior Global Tax Manager has become vacant. Tax within Vopak is a centralized global function and acts as the in-house knowledge center on taxation. Global Tax is responsible for tax governance and tax risk management, global tax planning, tax reporting and accounting and support to the business. Moreover, the global tax team is responsible for the global tax affairs of Vopak as well as being the local tax department for the Netherlands.
The Senior Global Tax Manager will be part of Vopak’s Global tax team consisting of five, who are responsible for the global tax position. He/she will report to the Global Director Tax. The Senior Global Tax Manager will act as a subject matter expert being able to independently provide high quality tax advice on all types of business matters nationally and internationally and predominantly consist of CIT advise:
- Developing, evaluating and implementing tax planning strategies and providing practical and technical support to the business with a focus on the direct taxes;
- Local tax planning opportunities;
- Development and execution of local tax policies/risk management/tax control frameworks;
- Assisting in local tax audits;
- Discussions and negotiations with local tax advisers and local tax authorities verbally, face- to-face and in writing;
- Communications with Vopak customers and suppliers;
- Compliance with local law & regulations, including ensuring up-to-date knowledge on developments and changes thereto.
- Monitoring the tax position of entities in the countries in scope to minimize tax exposures and to ensure compliance with tax legislation and Vopak policies. You will be covering predominantly corporate income tax.
- Assisting in further automation and improvement of tax reporting processes and having an active role in digitizing global tax affairs.
- Actively and (partly) independently ensuring compliance with external reporting requirements for stock-listed companies, including direct communication with the external auditor.
- Performing a sanity check on the corporate income tax return of the Dutch fiscal unity and supporting the tax compliance manager.
- Managing the transfer pricing documentation process given the master file and local file requirements and helping with meeting Country by Country reporting compliance.
- Partnering with the business to prepare intercompany contracts, review tax provisions and provision to return reconciliations.
- Identifying and executing tax optimization opportunities e.g. R&D incentives, avoiding double taxation, cash tax optimization and obtaining tax refunds.
- Providing high quality tax advice on topics/risks at hand.
- Assisting in analyzing (impact of) current tax trends and advising on potential impact to the global organization and operating companies.
- Liaising with internal stakeholders and external service providers.
- University degree in Tax Law or Tax Economics.
- 6-8 years’ International Corporate Income Tax experience at an international accounting or law firm or in-house at a multinational.
- Experience with tax accounting, tax risk management and transfer pricing is a strong plus.
- Ability to act independently and under pressure within strict time constraints.
- Strong focus on high quality content delivery and ability to draw conclusions.
- Ability to understand business and its impact on the tax environment.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills and a high sense of ownership.
- Team player, result driven, strong organizational skills.
- Flexibility in mindset; ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to liaise and connect with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience with project-based working.
- Fluent in English and Dutch (verbal communication).
- Some travel may be required in the long term.
Apply for this position
Share this job