Tax Manager | Utrecht
The Corporate Tax department in Utrecht is responsible for all corporate tax matters and provides advice and support to the Executive Board of Directors and to the CFO’s and Tax Managers of the Group companies. A vacancy has arisen for a Tax Manager at SHV Head Office, reporting to the Corporate Tax Affairs Director of SHV. In addition to the Corporate Tax Affairs Director, the team currently consists of two Senior Corporate Tax Managers and two Tax Accounting and Compliance Managers.
You will work closely together with the tax team and the various stakeholders within SHV (e.g. from legal, treasury and finance departments). Over time, you will be responsible for a number of selected tasks, which include various tax affairs at the SHV Head Office as well as international tax related matters among the various Group companies. More specifically the responsibilities will include:
- Identify risks and address technical matters in relation to corporate tax for SHV Head Office and the Group companies, managing and performing tax projects and manage the tax control in the Business Support Framework;
- Provide tax advice and support to the Executive Board of Directors;
- Provide tax technical support with respect to special projects such as M&A, cross border transactions and reorganizations.
- Tax counsel for the Group companies on their tax position: regularly liaise with the Group companies’ tax managers, providing support and advice on specific issues and projects, such as acquisitions, transfer pricing, tax audits, implementation of (new) tax legislation (e.g. BEPS, ATADand Pillar II);
- Support and coordination on international tax grouping related issues involving local Group companies;
- Supporting tax technology initiatives (e.g. the use of data analytics and reporting, data visualisation and robotics);
- Liaise with the Dutch tax inspectors of SHV on a regular basis;
- Managing issues around transfer pricing, Country-by-country reporting and related data analyses;
- Implementation of the Tax Governance Code;
- Wage tax and value added tax support; and
- Ad hoc support on special projects.
The ideal candidate has an academic degree in tax law or fiscal economics. You are an excellent, all-round tax professional with approximately 6-12 years of (international) tax experience as a consultant or in-house tax advisor.
You are highly analytical and motivated to grow as a tax expert and develop in digitalization. You enjoy being part of a dedicated team with a hands-on mentality and you are an independent person with a persistent attitude who dares to be critical. You are able to build relationships with various stakeholders. You are willing to travel and have proficient communication skills. Excellent command of Dutch and English, whereas another language is an asset. You are a team player with a no-nonsense mentality.
Apply for this position
Share this job