Senior Tax Manager | Amsterdam
At the corporate Head Office of Mileway in Amsterdam a vacancy has arisen for a Senior Tax Manager. The Senior Tax Manager works independently and reports hierarchically to the Head of Tax. In daily work this position interacts closely with other team members of the tax team, with the business, and with other corporate departments like Treasury, Legal, Accounting & FPA.
The main challenge for the Senior Tax Manager is to manage a large international real estate portfolio, in a fast-paced environment where decisions need to be made quickly. The Senior Tax Manager should work towards a holistic view on tax and at the same time should be able to delve into the details of a tax issue or improve a business process.
More specifically the tasks and responsibilities are as follows:
- Working with Mileway Investment Team and Blackstone to structure new acquisitions within the Company platform.
- Assist to oversee tax/legal advisors in relation to acquisition structuring, ensuring that effective structures are set up correctly.
- Review tax models, tax memos, tax due diligence reports and transaction documents. Provide deal related tax reporting support.
- Work with Mileway team to successfully on-board and integrate all new transactions.
- Provide tax support on (re)financings, restructurings, and dispositions.
Tax risk management
- Assist in the day-to-day tax management of the Mileway portfolio, be aware of key tax issues and manage any risks on an on-going basis.
- Keep on top of important tax regulations/changes and understand/manage the impact on existing structures (ATAD/WHT obligations/tax law changes etc) to ensure that they are tax efficient, business efficient, and carry an acceptable level of risk.
- Deal with legal counsel in local jurisdictions and local offices / property managers / corporate teams in Lux/Amsterdam/London and any JV partners to ensure that structure is managed as intended.
- Assist in (complex) European tax audits and other day-to-day tax advice and ad-hoc project work on local and international tax matters (DAC6/Master/Local Files/OECD Pillars etc.).
- Liaise with external advisors and ensure that we obtain a good value service.
- Liaise with internal/external stakeholders, in particular the larger Mileway Finance team (Treasury, FPA, Accounting), Mileway legal and SPA teams and the relevant Blackstone and Revantage teams.
- Share knowledge within Mileway and organize international tax training.
The right candidate has not only the drive and discipline to handle the day-to-day business, but the ambition to grow with Mileway as they develop an unparalleled opportunity as the principal player in last mile real estate:
- University degree in Tax Law or Tax Economics;
- 8+ years’ of International Tax experience gained at a (Big4) advisory firm, law firm or in-house;
- Experience with acquisitions and divestitures, including post-closing restructurings;
- Decision making skills and the eagerness and resilience for process improvement;
- Great team energy. You’re a hands-on self-starter who works confidently and independently, and you also collaborate well with others;
- Strong communication skills in both Dutch and English, both written and verbal;
- Experience in real estate is a plus.
Apply for this position
Share this job