Tax Manager | Amsterdam
At Mileway Amsterdam or Luxembourg a vacancy has arisen for the position of International Tax Manager. The international Tax Manager works independently and reports hierarchically to the Head of Tax (based in Amsterdam). In daily work this position interacts closely with other team members of the tax team, with the business, and with other corporate departments like Treasury, Legal, Accounting & FPA. Mileway offers great flexibility and possibility to work from home.
The main challenge for the International Tax Manager is to manage a large international real estate portfolio in a fast-paced environment where decisions need to be made quickly. The International Tax Manager should work on day-to-day tax projects, such as corporate restructurings, managing tax audits, tax risk management, transactions and transfer pricing.
More specifically the tasks and responsibilities are as follows:
- Keep on top of important tax regulations/changes.
- Assist in the day-to-day tax management of the Mileway portfolio, be aware of key tax issues and manage any risks on an on-going basis, including:
- Working with Mileway team to successfully on-board and integrate transactions, coordinate compliance with TP, WHT obligations etc.
- Provide tax support/review on (re)financings, restructurings, and dispositions.
- Tax review of quarterly distribution rounds and identify and implement long term solutions for cash repatriation.
- Assist in and coordinate (complex) European tax audits, including negotiations with local tax authorities.
- Other day-to-day tax advice and coordinate ad-hoc project work on local and international tax matters (e.g. Transfer Pricing/Master/Local Files/Pillars 1 &2 /EU ATAD etc).
- Liaise with external advisors and ensure that we obtain a good value service.
- Liaise with internal/external stakeholders in multiple European jurisdictions, in particular the larger Mileway Finance team, Legal, Asset Management and Transaction teams.
- Share knowledge with the Mileway team and create tax awareness.
The right candidate has not only the drive and discipline to handle the day-to-day business, but the ambition to grow with Mileway as they develop an unparalleled opportunity as the principal player in last mile real estate:
- University degree in Tax Law or Tax Economics;
- 6-8 years’ of International Tax experience gained at a (Big4) advisory firm, law firm or in-house;
- Decision making skills and the eagerness and resilience for process improvement;
- Capability to assess the tax impact of new (international) tax legislation and use available (centralized) tax data for analysis, modeling and decision-making purposes (Excel).
- Great team energy. You’re a hands-on self-starter who works confidently and independently, and you also collaborate well with others;
- Strong communication skills in English (and Dutch for hire in the Netherlands), both written and verbal.
Apply for this position
Are you interested in this exciting international tax role at a fast growing and developing company, please contact Rogier Ploeger.
+31 (0)6 18841557
Share this job