LyondellBasell | Rotterdam
At the European head office in Rotterdam the position of a Tax Manager has become vacant. The Tax Manager is part of the Global Tax Planning team consisting of 14 tax professionals worldwide. The Tax Manager reports to the Tax Counsel also located in Rotterdam. The Rotterdam Tax Planning Team is responsible for (international) Corporate Income Tax matters for The Netherlands and a few other European jurisdictions. You will be managing (tax) projects together with other stakeholders within the company, like restructurings, tax advice on transactions and day to day tax support. More specifically the tasks and responsibilities include:
- Advise and support the business with respect to tax) restructuring, potential new investments and divestments
- Assist and advise Treasury department with respect to tax issues surrounding derivatives and other financial transactions
- Implement new tax requirements and policies based on enacted tax laws and/or internal controls.
- Monitor tax law changes and new case law and assist in evaluating impact thereof for the company
- Assist and monitor compliance with respect to withholding taxes on dividend, interest and royalties
- Take initiative in identifying tax and accounting issues and recommending solutions/opportunities for improvement
- Review the corporate income tax returns and other tax forms prepared by external advisors or internal reporting group before filing
- Work with Tax Reporting group to give input for Quarterly and Year-end close. Especially with respect to Tax developments, such as substantially enacted tax law changes, Tax Audits, Tax Litigation, Mutual Agreement Procedures and other developments that could have an impact on the Tax disclosures as reflected in the Accounts.
- Participate in setting up and preparing internal training for tax department
- Support and participate in projects to improve the tax reporting and compliance processes. Projects could relate to the integration of workflow tools
- Contribute to the tax awareness/ appreciation within the LYB Group and service oriented towards the Group’s Organizations like Treasury, Finance, Legal, Business.
- Master degree in Dutch tax law or fiscal economics
- 5 -8 years’ work experience ideally within a large corporate international tax environment and/or big 4 accounting firm
- Extensive experience with international and Dutch Corporate Income Tax Planning and the interaction thereof with TP and Tax Accounting
- Understanding of US GAAP and IFRS
- Highly self-motivated, takes initiative and works efficiently with attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment which requires prioritization and ability to multi-task
- Ability to translate complex tax issues to the business
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Fluent in English and Dutch
Apply for this job
Are you interested in this exciting position and you want to work in a challenging and demanding environment with plenty of opportunities to grow further in the organization, please contact Rogier Ploeger.
+31 (0)6 1884 1557
Share this job