Tax Manager | Rotterdam
At the corporate office based in Rotterdam the position of Tax Manager has become Vacant. The Tax Manager reports to the Associate Director Global Tax EAI based in France. The Tax Manager is principally responsible for supporting the Associate Director Global Tax EAI in developing and implementing global tax planning and risk mitigation strategies with a focus primarily on pan-European tax matters.
The role is involved in a wide variety of cross borders tax projects. It requires close coordination with colleagues and external advisors in various jurisdictions for local country tax expertise as well as working with the Indirect Tax and Transfer Pricing teams and other functions outside of the Tax function.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Support the development and implementation of global tax and risk mitigation strategies, including cross boarder restructurings and business driven transactions
- In coordination with peers, monitoring of tax legislative and regulatory developments and trends in the EAI region with a view towards risk mitigation and optimized tax strategy
- Collaborate with peers/colleagues in Tax and Treasury to optimize tax efficient corporate financing structures and cash movements;
- Support with developing cross-border tax planning projects, including building and maintaining relationships with outside advisors;
- Assist with implementation of cross-border tax planning projects in coordination with other internal stakeholders (Treasury Dept, Controlling, General Accounting, Legal, Business leads, Directors of Legal entities);
- Assist with multi-jurisdiction legal entity restructuring projects in support of Company commercial and operating model changes;
- Identify and implement process improvements to increase efficiencies and mitigate risks;
- Assist with cross-jurisdictional M&A and divestiture projects.
- Support the development and implementation of global tax controversy strategy
- Collaborate with local country tax managers to develop tax controversy and litigation strategies across common issues;
- Monitor trends among taxing authorities and OECD /EU initiatives for themes in transparency and global data disclosure;
- In coordination with Transfer Pricing team, support in developing global/regional approaches to cross-border transaction or audit driven tax opinions, tax rulings, MAPs, and APAs.
- Deliver tax advice for EAI business segments, including industry driven tax incentives
- Assist in identifying and pursuing meaningful tax incentives in support of LYB’s Sustainability initiatives working closely with Government Relations and Indirect Tax Counsels;
- Support / advice on pan European tax advocacy matters and tax driven policy (e.g. EU, OECD);
- In coordination with local country tax managers, deliver advice for direct tax matters to Manufacturing function as well as O&P, I&D, and APS business segments;
- Advise on specific tax matters with respect to the Technology business, collaborating with local country tax managers; review and advice on cross-border licensing arrangements, catalysts sales, and engineering services, risk mitigation in the area of permanent establishments and / or tax planning initiatives.