IBM | Amsterdam
At the IBM offices in Amsterdam an interesting position has become vacant for a tax manager. The tax manager will report to the Head of Tax Netherlands and will be part of a team of 5 tax professionals. He/she will be working closely together with the Head of Tax Netherlands on all tax affairs of the Dutch entities, but with a primary focus on VAT (Benelux) and a secondary focus on corporate income tax compliance & planning. More specifically the tasks include:
- Providing VAT advise to senior operating company management and the holding companies on all business projects and strategic initiatives;
- Training financial controllers and finance managers, legal, direct tax and other tax specialists on VAT rules;
- Reviewing VAT returns and ensure advice given is properly reflected in country VAT compliance Pro-actively advising the company on how to mitigate indirect tax risks, managing VAT tax audits in the Benelux;
- Increasing effectiveness and efficiency of all VAT compliance processes;
- Contact on a regular base with the tax authorities with regard to maintenance and develop of the horizontal monitoring;
- Being in close contact with Business Operations and advising the business on corporate income taxes;
- Responsible for developing, evaluating and implementing corporate income tax planning strategies taking into account opportunities, risks and economics of the business for The Netherlands;
- Playing an active role in tax audits, maintaining contact with the Tax Authorities and external advisors, and preparing and actively contributing to meetings with the Tax Authorities;
- Reviewing the tax position for IBM´s annual accounts (US GAAP, local GAAP and IFRS);
- Assit in CbC reporting;
- Continually assessing developments in national and international tax legislation and jurisprudence and translating these into opportunities and risks. Plus, proposing solutions and supporting the implementation of changes.
- Working closely together with the Tax department in the US and different stakeholders within IBM.
- Responding to ad hoc and project related questions to support Dutch and US tax Team.
- A Master’s degree in Dutch Tax Law or Tax Economics
- At least 7+ years of relevant working experience as a tax advisor or as an in-house specialist within a multinational corporation.
- You have a background in VAT and an interest to develop in CIT (or the other way around)
- Strong tax technical skills
- Excellent project management, problem solving, and analytical skills, and the ability to execute a project within the scope of overall strategies.
- Working with/for US based multinational(s) is preferred.
- Fluent in Dutch and English.
Apply for this job
Are you interested in this challenging in-house tax management position combining VAT and CIT in one of the largest companies in the world, please contact Rogier Ploeger
+31 (0)6 1884 1557
Share this job