Tax Manager EMENA | Oegstgeest (Hybrid)
At the European headquarters of Avery Dennison in Oegstgeest, The Netherlands, a position has become vacant for a Tax Manager EMENA who will report into the Tax Director EMENA. As Tax Manager EMENA you will be a key member of the tax team responsible for executing Avery Dennison’s global tax strategy and initiatives throughout the EMENA region. The successful candidate will have broad tax experience enabling support and contribution to a wide range of corporate tax advisory and transfer pricing matters, while also supporting US GAAP tax accounting & reporting for Avery Dennison’s business units in EMENA.
The responsibilities and tasks will include:
- Provide a wide range of corporate income tax and withholding tax support to Avery Dennison’s day-to-day EMENA business operations;
- Assist with development and implementation of corporate tax and transfer pricing projects (ranging from BEPS compliance to value chain analysis);
- Assist in the management of corporate tax audits (a.o. in Germany) and in providing information to tax authorities within the EMENA region;
- Support M&A projects (e.g., due diligence, deal modelling, organization and finance structuring, etc.);
- Support team members in miscellaneous (cross-functional) corporate tax, treasury, finance and business projects;
- Tax Accounting experience is a plus, but can be learned on the job as well; Review quarterly income tax reporting packages for assigned business units (BU), including a review of the US GAAP pre-tax income forecast for reasonableness, and supporting the BU with reconciling and maintaining their income tax expense, tax payable and deferred tax accounts;
- Interact with external auditors and service providers to manage tax compliance process and resolve tax accounting issues;
- Routinely engage in collaboration with the global tax provision team and cross-functional stakeholders to assure all planning, restructuring, M&A, audit, and changes in business are fully considered and accounted for in accordance with ASC 740.
- Master degree in relevant field like Tax Law or Fiscal Economics;
- 3-6 years’ of international tax experience within a multinational corporation and/or Big 4 environment;
- Demonstrated success in managing complex, cross-regional projects;
- Capability of performing in a highly dynamic and fluid business environment;
- Be able to pay attention to detail;
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and/or International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) is considered a plus, albeit not a must;
- Ability to travel (max. 10%) within the region and overseas;
- Fluency in English (written and verbal) required; proficiency in German or Dutch a plus.
Apply for this position
Are you interested in a broad and interesting in-house position, covering critical tax responsibilities and supporting the company’s growing businesses, please contact Rogier Ploeger or Patrick Asscher.
+31 (0)6 53809235
+31 (0)6 18841557
Share this job