Tax Manager EMEA
Renewable Energy Group | Amsterdam
At the European head office in Amsterdam we are looking for a Tax Manager, responsible for tax obligations and processes throughout EMEA (Europe, Middle East, and Africa). This position reports to the Head of Tax based at the global headquarters in the US and will be part of the European team that is growing steadily. The Tax Manager will be responsible for all tax affairs of our business operations within the EMEA region, and will provide general tax support and advice across the business operations, conduct project management, identify tax planning opportunities, participate in corporate income tax (CIT) reporting locally and with the US, and manage the various tax compliance life cycles. The focus will be on CIT and transfer pricing, but managing other taxes (value added tax, customs, and wage tax) are also part of the responsibilities. More specifically the main tasks and responsibilities include:
- Provide high quality (inter)national tax advice and support to the business and proactively act on international corporate income tax developments;
- Provide tax technical support and integration support with respect to special projects such as; cross border transactions and group financing;
- Provide internal advice regarding transfer pricing (e.g intercompany transactions with regard to tangible property, intangible property, services, and financial transactions). Assist with the preparation, review, and management of transfer pricing projects, documentation, and filings, including the coordination of services provided by outside consultants;
- Manage tax audits and tax compliance life cycle (tax returns are outsourced);
- Manage and support (EMEA) VAT processes;
- Support and assist with customs and wage tax issues as needed;
- Assist with coordination and set up of the tax risk management and tax control environment;
- Keep abreast of and act on new legislative tax developments and impact thereof on the company;
- Liaise with internal departments, tax authorities and manage relationships with external tax advisors.
Some travel will be part of the job.
The ideal candidate has a university degree in Dutch Tax Law or Fiscal Economics, 7+ years of relevant experience in international tax gained at a Big 4 or large multinational company. You should have strong knowledge with respect to Dutch and international tax law and some understanding of general tax accounting concepts. You will need to have an interest to learn and contribute to the team effort with knowledge and research in other areas of tax law, including VAT, customs, wage tax as they come along.
You have excellent analytical skills. You are a team player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills. You relate openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people, contribute as a team member, and willing to help others. Makes sense of the complex, and able to simplify and communicate relevant answers to solve problems. You are result driven and willing to make that extra step to get things done. You are fluent in English and Dutch.
Apply for this position
Are you interested in this new and challenging position and do you fit in an open, positive environment where people really appreciate your contribution, please contact Rogier Ploeger or Andreas Koper
+31 (0)6 1884 1557
+31 (0)6 2142 5475
Deel deze vacature