BASF | Arnhem
At the corporate office in Arnhem the position of a Tax Manager has arisen. The Tax Manager reports to the Head of Tax Netherlands. He/she will be involved in all tax affairs of the BASF group in The Netherlands and its subsidiaries. The focus is on corporate income tax planning and project management, but advising on VAT, Wage Tax issues are also part of the role. More specifically the tasks include:
- Working closely together with the Head of Tax Netherlands on all tax affairs of all subsidiaries of the BASF group in The Netherlands of the BASF group in the Netherlands.
- Being proactive in all mergers, acquisitions and restructurings in which Dutch BASF group subsidiaries are involved.
- Being in close contact with the BASF subsidiaries, BASF production and sales locations, and advising these subsidiaries and locations on all tax matters (in particular corporate income tax, but also VAT, wage tax, withholding tax, transfer pricing etc.).
- Playing an active role in tax audits, maintaining contact with the Tax Authorities and external advisors, and preparing and actively contributing to meetings with the Tax Authorities.
- Rendering support in determining the tax position in the annual accounts of group subsidiaries in the Netherlands and supporting in the year end procedures as far as the tax position of the various BASF Group entities is concerned.
- Continually assessing developments in national and international tax legislation and jurisprudence and translating these into opportunities and risks for all BASF entities (NL). Plus, proposing solutions and supporting the implementation of changes.
- Reviewing all in-house and external prepared corporate income tax returns.
- Being responsible for the preparation of all local files in the Netherlands and supporting the Finance department with providing information for Country by Country Reporting purposes.
- Working together closely with the Group Central Tax Department and the Tax departments of other BASF companies around the world and building an internal network within the BASF (tax) organization.
- A Master’s degree in Dutch Tax Law or Tax Economics
- Between 5-7 years of relevant working experience in an (inter)national tax advisory practice or as an in-house specialist within a multinational corporation
- Strong tax technical skills and project management skills
- Fluent in Dutch and English. Knowledge of the German language is considered a plus.
- Excellent communication skills
- You can work individually as well as in a team
Apply for this job
Are you interested in this exciting in-house Tax Manager position and want to make the (next) step to industry, please contact Rogier Ploeger.
+31 (0)6 1884 1557
Share this job