Tax Director EMEA | Amsterdam
The Tax Director EMEA will be a member of the EMEA Finance team and will report directly to the Regional CFO EMEA and work in close collaboration with the Global Tax team. This highly visible role will be to lead tax operational activity for our business in Germany, United Kingdom, Ireland, Benelux, Nordics & Growing Markets and must have scope to expand to other jurisdictions within 12 months, demonstrating regional expertise with a strong sense of ownership.
We are looking for an enthusiastic hands-on regional tax professional with knowledge of a variety of tax types across EMEA. You will ensure compliance with all local tax laws and regulations while implementing sustainable tax strategies for our rapidly growing business.
As the Tax Director EMEA, you will:
- Collaborate with cross-functional departments and provide tax advice with respect to business operations and expansion, contract negotiation, M&A, cross border transactions
- Develop and implement road map on how to best conduct business in new markets
- Develop, implement and lead tax risk and opportunity analytics and forecasting including identifying mitigation plans and leading execution thereof
- Transition and optimize tax compliance process previously prepared outside the region and/or by external tax advisors
- Lead the coordination and facilitate EMEA local tax filings and tax payments across mulitple jurisdictions with external providers
- Coordinate with our global tax advisors to ensure timely and accurate income tax provision in accordance with local and US GAAP (ASC 740) and other regulations as applicable
- Coordinate and perform succesfull tax audit risk management
- Optimize processes and procedures to ensure compliance with the company’s global transfer pricing policies and local documentation requirements
- Monitor legislative and regulatory tax law developments and develop future forward-looking vision to identify trends in the short and long term which can impact the business.
- Minimum of 15 years of experience in international tax planning (big 4 and in-house experience at multinational required)
- Knowledge and experience with income tax provision calculations/reporting for US public listed company
- Strong attention to detail with strong problem-solving skills & solution provider with the ability to influence and drive change in way of working, processes and onboarding of new systems
- Ability to thrive in a performance-focused and results-oriented environment
- Strong project management and organizational skills with ability to manage multiple relationships inside and outside the company
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills with focus on succinct communication to senior management
Preferred skills/ qualifications
- University degree in Dutch tax law or tax economics
- Knowledge of US GAAP including ASC 740
- Ideally high energy, proactive, hands-on, solutions-oriented contributor, possessing an intellectual curiosity and eager to strive for constant improvements
- Energy or energy storage business knowledge is an advantage
- Dutch Language skills are essential
At Fluence, we strive to continuously improve, to be intellectually curious and be adaptive to our customers’ and employees’ needs. Collaboration is key, both in our partnerships with our customers and with each other. Fluence prioritizes the most critical efforts that allow for the greatest impact.
Working on transforming a fundamental part of our society is exciting and fulfilling. It requires creativity, diversity of ideas and backgrounds, and building trust to effect change and move with speed. We respect our coworkers and customers. We listen to what others have to say, and we are inclusive.
You must enjoy working in a high growth environment and evolving commercial business models.
You should contribute to building a sustainable business of global scale.
Apply for this position
Are you looking for a new and exciting Tax Director position in a sustainable environment and do you want to learn more please contact Rogier Ploeger .
+31 (0)6 18841557
Share this job