Senior Tax Counsel | The Hague
At the Corporate head office based in The Hague the position of the (Senior) Tax Counsel has become vacant. He/she reports to the Head of Tax Advisory and is part of Group Tax that consists of 20 people. The Group Tax department gives advice to and works together with Aegon’s Dutch local business, performs an oversight role in respect of Aegon’s non-Dutch units, and deals with the global tax issues that Aegon faces.
The (Senior) Tax Counsel will have a global role for Aegon Asset Management and a direct responsibility for Aegon’s Dutch asset management operations.
The (Senior) Tax Counsel’s tasks and responsibilities will be:
- Managing and guiding all tax affairs of the Aegon Asset Management corporate structure;
- Providing tax advice to all relevant stakeholders on transactions, setting up of funds, structuring of investments etc;
- Maintain a proper global tax governance and involving pro-actively the business and other functional areas;
- Advising the business about (impact of) changing international tax legislation and developments that affect the investment world;
- Develop a true vision/helicopter view of the global asset management tax issues on behalf of Aegon N.V.;
- Managing and guiding all tax affairs of the AEGON Asset Management corporate structure;
- Being in contact with a.o. external tax advisors, foreign colleagues and tax authorities.
- An university degree in tax law or fiscal economics
- At least 8 years’ experience in international taxation preferably gained at a big4 consultancy, law firm or in-house
- Experience in in international tax advisory for the banking/insurance industry, asset managers, private equity and pension funds is considered a strong plus.
- Self-starter, high energy level, a ‘can-do’ mentality, positive-critical and solution-oriented at the same time
- A real team player
- Fluency in English and Dutch
As a Senior Tax Counsel you are capable to be clear on content while maintaining good working relationships with asset management. You are pragmatic, eager to learn and you want to contribute to the success of Aegon.
Apply for this position
Are you interested in this independent position with a global responsibility while operating and being a part of the larger tax team based in The Netherlands, please contact Rogier Ploeger.
+31 (0)6 18841557
Share this job