Tax Compliance Specialist
Vopak | Rotterdam
For its Global Tax department in Rotterdam, Koninklijke Vopak N.V. is looking for a Tax Compliance Specialist, a new challenging position within the team. You will be part of tax team consisting of three employees who are responsible for the global tax position. The tax compliance specialist will be the (administrative) backbone of the Global Tax department and will report to the global director tax. The activities of the tax compliance specialist will predominately relate to direct taxes, more specifically filing the Dutch tax return and related compliance processes. More specifically the tasks will be:
- Preparation of the Dutch corporate income tax return of the fiscal unity Koninklijke Vopak N.V. and some standalone group entities/joint ventures and all relating activities.
- Providing support in case of requests by (Dutch) tax authorities.
- Assisting in the further automation of the tax return preparation and compliance processes and having an active role in digitizing the Global Tax affairs.
- Proposing and building dashboards for effective data analytics in the field of tier 1 taxes (corporate income taxes, withholding taxes, capital taxes, transaction taxes, transfer taxes, value added taxes, sales taxes, wage taxes & social security premiums, property taxes and real estate taxes, customs and duties or similar taxes).
- Monitoring and reporting on withholding tax payments throughout the group and transfer pricing related processes.
- Monitoring the status of corporate income tax compliance of all group entities and the presence of appropriate (TP-) documentation for intragroup transactions.
- Support in the maintenance of the master file, the local files and the transfer pricing policy and country-by-country reporting.
- Preparation of the Dutch dividend withholding tax returns.
- Managing and executing the foreign VAT refund and recovery process.
- Assisting in the year-end review of the Vopak tax schedules.
- Performing control activities with regard to the tax control frameworks.
- General support to the Global Tax team in day-to-day activities and projects.
- A degree in tax law, tax economics or a suitable equivalent.
- Approx. 3 to 5 years of proven experience in corporate income tax compliance with a solid understanding of international tax concepts.
- A strong contributor to the team spirit of the Global Tax team, combined with a down-to-earth mentality.
- The ability to work pro-actively and independently.
- A strong internal drive for permanent education and improvement.
- A strong affinity with financial IT systems.
- Is fluent in Dutch and good in English.
Apply for this job
Are you interested in this challenging position with a high degree of responsibility in a Dutch multinational with a history over 400 years where you can work in an enthusiastic team of highly motivated colleagues please contact Rogier Ploeger.
Share this job