Tax Compliance Specialist | Rotterdam
For their Dutch corporate office located in Rotterdam, we are looking for an ambitious Tax Specialist, who is interested in joining the Mercuria direct tax team. You will be working closely with the International Tax Compliance Manager and the Head of Tax Compliance & Technology (NL). The Tax Specialist role is a key tax position supporting the regional tax compliance and tax accounting matters of the group.
More specifically, the tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Working closely with senior regional Tax staff and external advisers for the timely filing of the Group’s global tax returns and payments;
- Support the tax accounting cycle with review and control of periodic tax provisioning, current and deferred tax calculations, and balance sheet management. For statutory closing, this will also include liaising with statutory auditors;
- Support and responsibility for tax management reporting, working closely with Geneva headquarters;
- Exposure to wide variety of jurisdictions, with sole responsibility for allocated legal entities and jurisdictions;
- Managing Withholding Tax, Local File and Country-by-Country reporting requirements;
- Supporting and preparatory work regarding enquiries/tax audits of (foreign) tax authorities;
- Opportunity to participate on commercial projects including group restructurings, acquisitions & disposals, and providing support for business divisions.
- Some 4+ years’ relevant tax experience (tax compliance and/or tax accounting and/or tax advising obtained at a tax advisory firm, law firm or in-house. Some in-house experience is considered a plus);
- Degree in Tax or Accounting (good with numbers, good knowledge of corporate income tax with interest in other taxes. Affinity with tax accounting/willing to learn);
- Experience with tax technology projects is a plus;
- An ability to work accurately to ensure deadlines are managed and met;
- A transparent person, easy to work with and a true team player (the ability to adapt in changing conditions);
- Result oriented, disciplined and have a drive for quality and problem solving; and
- Fluent in English is a must as you will be communicating a lot with teams/individuals in different jurisdictions, Dutch is considered a plus;
Apply for this position
If you have the desire to join a multinational, leading and fast-growing energy transition company, where you will have the opportunity to further develop as a tax compliance professional, please contact Patrick Asscher or Rogier Ploeger.
+31 (0)6 53809235
+31 (0)6 18841557
Share this job