Tax Compliance Specialist | Zaandam
The Global Tax Department manages all tax affairs of the company and its subsidiaries located in the US and Europe. It is a global department with staff located in various states in the US, Belgium and the Netherlands. The Global Tax Department sets the tax strategy and at the same time focuses on compliance for direct and indirect taxes. This requires the department to monitor all tax developments, which is done with passion and diligence.
The Tax Compliance Specialist reports to the Director Tax Compliance & Tax Accounting Group and EU. The Tax Compliance Specialist will have a focus on Dutch and Swiss Tax Compliance. Furthermore you will support in Tax Accounting and Reporting, which can be learned on the job.
The responsibilities and tasks will include:
- Responsible for preparation and coordination of all corporate tax compliance activities; e.g. preparation of the complex corporate tax return of the Dutch fiscal unity (consolidation of 45 entities);
- Preparation and coordination of all corporate income tax audits, requests for information, tax corrections, tax litigations or any other contact with the Dutch tax authorities, building and maintaining a good relationship;
- Research and initiate optimization, automation and digitalization of the corporate tax compliance processes and applications;
- Analyzing, reviewing and proposing improvements to the tax risk management procedures and controls in relation to the Tax Control Framework;
- Analyzing and providing advice regarding the Dutch tax consequences linked to local, European and GSO business decisions;
- Develop towards managing tax compliance activities, tax audits and providing advise regarding business decisions in relation to the Swiss activities of Ahold Delhaize.
Tax Accounting – can be learned on the job
- Support in the quarterly reconciliation of deferred tax positions and related reporting duties within the framework of the quarterly closings for the Dutch entities;
- Forecast of tax P&L impacts (IFRS & local GAAP) based on budgets.
- Dutch Bachelor or Master degree Tax Law or Fiscal Economics;
- 2-4 years relevant Corporate Income Tax Compliance experience;
- Strong analytical and numerical skills;
- Strong communication skills;
- Eager to learn and develop;
- You are practical, flexible and fluent in Dutch and English.
Apply for this position!
Do you have the Dutch Tax Compliance background and wish to develop towards the other areas of the position, in an environment with plenty of opportunity to grow and develop as a tax professional, please contact Rogier Ploeger or Patrick Asscher.
+31 (0)6 18841557
+31 (0)6 53809235
Share this job