Tax Compliance & Accounting Manager | Amsterdam
At the EMEA head office based in Amsterdam the position has become available for a Tax Accounting and Compliance Manager EMEA. He/she will report to the Senior Manager Tax EMEA and is part of the International Tax department of Tesla in Amsterdam consisting of 7 employees. The Tax Accounting and Compliance Manager will work closely together with the group’s financial controllers, the IT department and the other members of the International Tax team, as well as with third party service providers and auditors.
The Tax Compliance & Accounting Manager will be responsible for a wide range of tax matters but the main focus will be on management of the EMEA-wide tax compliance and reporting processes. He or she will ensure that all corporate income tax returns (outsourced) and other non-VAT returns are submitted in a timely manner and meet the highest quality standard. The Tax Accounting and Compliance Manager EMEA and will be heavily involved in the tax provisioning process, both for local statutory purposes as well as for US GAAP reporting purposes.
As the company is growing very rapidly, both in terms of product diversity and geographical footprint, the role is expected to develop accordingly. This role is therefore perfectly positioned for growth as the organization expands. The candidate is expected to initiate and manage increasing automation of the tax compliance and tax accounting processes. As these processes become standardized, the successful candidate will be able to expand into other areas like structuring, planning, new market entries and transfer pricing.
The Responsibilities include amongst others:
- Managing the corporate income tax, withholding tax and other non-VAT compliance processes for all EMEA entities.
- Coordinating the tax provisioning process for the statutory financial statements of all entities within the EMEA region.
- Participating in the quarterly US GAAP tax reporting processes; preparing return-to-provision calculations and taking initiatives to further develop and improve the EMEA tax reporting processes.
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with external service providers, auditors and tax authorities.
- Arranging tax payments and contributing to the automation of payment processes.
- Assisting in corporate income tax audits throughout the region.
- Forecasting and budgeting of cash taxes.
- University degree in fiscal economics or tax law.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in an international business environment.
- Solid project management and planning capabilities, combined with an excellent feel for and understanding of finance processes and how to balance those against tax requirements.
- Be capable of achieving short-term results, whilst never losing the right end-state out of sight.
- A self-starter who is able to work effectively and autonomously.
- A great communicator who can build strong working relationships with external advisors and internal stakeholders.
- Accustomed to multitasking, prioritizing and meeting challenging deadlines.
- Flexibility to collaborate with our US headquarters across multiple time zones; willingness to travel occasionally.
- Knowledge of ERP systems (Microsoft Dynamics is an advantage).
- Fluency in English (additional language capabilities are a plus).
- A flexible working attitude and feeling at home in a challenging yet informal corporate environment.
- A proven track record in managing tax compliance in multiple jurisdictions, combined with and an excellent understanding of tax accounting rules and processes will be essential to succeed in this position.
- Highly structured and disciplined approach.
Apply for this position
Share this job