Tax Accounting & Compliance Manager | Rotterdam
At the corporate head office based in Rotterdam the position has become available for a Tax Accounting and Compliance Manager. He/she will report to the Director Tax and Treasury and will work closely together with the group’s financial controllers. The Tax Accounting and Compliance Manager will be globally responsible for tax accounting and reporting in various countries across Europe, North Amerika and Central Amerika. Next to Tax Reporting and Accounting the Tax Accounting and Compliance Manager is responsible for a wider range of tax matters; e.g. support in Mergers and Acquisitions, tax planning ect. More specifically the tasks and responsibilities will be amongst others:
- Responsible for tax accounting processes, both internal and external reporting. This includes calculating and monitoring uncertain tax positions, deferred taxes, and effective tax rate calculations as well as cash tax forecasting;
- Prepare quarterly tax calculations for the Dutch companies of the Group;
- Review and analyse foreign entities tax provision calculations and reported tax financial data on a quarterly basis and act as internal advisor for financial controllers in the various countries relating to tax reporting matters;
- Maintain high quality within tax reporting processes and ensure control of the processes;
- Play a key role in tax technology matters and improve the usability of the consolidation and reporting system for tax reporting purposes, including facilitation of training for financial controllers in the different countries;
- Coordinate filing of the Dutch corporate income tax returns with the external advisor, review assessments and manage tax payments/refunds;
- Manage compliance status of group companies’ filing obligations;
- Manage Master File, Local File and Country-by-Country reporting requirements;
- Support the group’s tax control framework;
- Stakeholder management – building relations with our European and US business units to ensure timely follow up;
- Maintain good relationship with external advisors and tax authorities.
- Masters’ degree in Tax or Finance.
- Approximately 5 years of relevant international experience with a major consulting firm or in-house in an international tax department.
- A good understanding of IFRS as well as knowledge of IAS 12
- You are pragmatic, hands-on and you have strong interpersonal skills.
- You connect quickly and can make an impact.
- You are able to build and maintain good relationship with external authorities and our international colleagues based in the European and North America business units.
- Fluent in English;
- Working parttime for 4 days a week is also possible.
Apply for this position
Are you a motivated Tax Specialist with drive and ambition who is looking for an opportunity to develop (further) on an international level, please contact Rogier Ploeger.
+31 (0)6 18841557
Share this job