Tax Accountant | Budel
At the corporate head office based in Budel the position has become available for a Tax Accountant. He/she reports to the Head of Tax and is responsible for managing the tax accounting and tax compliance matters for the global Nyrstar group and coordination with Trafigura group. Due to a significant reorganization of the business and relocation of the corporate services office the tax team will be newly build. The key responsibilities are:
- Monthly / Annual tax accrual process, i.e. ensure correctness of tax provisions and balance sheet positions
- Preparation of tax note in (consolidated) financial statements, including review by and discussion with external auditor
- Assess impact of changes to IFRS on the tax provisions and balance sheets positions
- Preparation / review and submission of corporate income tax returns for all group companies
- Ensure that all tax payments are made within the set deadlines
- Assist in tax audits and various tax projects
- Provide assistance with respect to the worldwide transfer pricing obligations
- Other ad-hoc duties when required
- Higher Professional Education (‘HBO’ in Dutch) or University degree in fiscal economics.
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience in corporate tax compliance and tax accounting & reporting.
- Good understanding of accounting concepts and processes, including IAS12 and IFRIC 23.
- Experience in providing & explaining tax guidance to non-tax professionals.
- Strong Communication (verbal and written skills, fluent in business English).
- Strong numerical, analytical and problem solving skills including how to collect relevant data from systems and use them for the delivery of solutions.
- Ability to constantly (re)prioritize and get things done.
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously while working under pressure to meet deadlines. .
- Microsoft Office knowledge with strong skills in Excel is required.
- SAP knowledge is desirable.
Apply for this position
Share this job