Tax Accountant | Utrecht
At the corporate head office based in Utrecht the new position for Tax Accountant has arisen to strengthen the team. He/she will be part of the tax team consisting of 3 tax professionals and will report to the Head of Tax.
Mammoet Holding is responsible for consolidation of the group’s financial (tax) data. Since the acquisition of former ALE businesses, the total number of entities increased significantly and consequently also the tax reporting to be managed. In order to cope with the increased complexity and to shorten communication lines as well as lead times, the Tax Accountant will work closely with finance and tax departments at Holding and regional level as well as with local finance colleagues.
The Tax Accountant is in charge of the monthly/quarterly review of the (forecasted) Effective Tax Rate (‘ETR’) reporting and the related tax accounting entries of group companies (worldwide) of the Mammoet Group.
The Tax Accountant is in charge of the (hard) close process (twice a year) for multiple regions and is reviewing tax reporting packages and discusses issues and findings with regional management and/or local finance colleagues. The Tax Accountant will provide training and constructive feedback to the business/finance directors in the various countries and will be involved in answering questions of the Executive Board of Mammoet, auditor and/or representatives of the shareholder SHV.
Next to tax accounting and reporting, he/she will be, together with one of the Tax Managers, responsible for the Dutch corporate income tax return of a fiscal unity with 30+ companies. Over time, the Tax Accountant will become the main responsible person for this process as well. All together this is a challenging role, with a lot of room for you to grow.
Your main responsibilities are:
- Review of ETR and tax accounting entries of group companies worldwide and to raise questions and/or provide feedback;
- Review of tax reporting packages at the tax (hard) closes and preparation of (regional) summary reports with main findings;
- Training/education of regional and local financial controllers (worldwide) in respect of tax accounting (Dutch GAAP);
- Preparation of the consolidated financial statement disclosures regarding tax balances (current and deferred);
- Provide advice with regards to tax accounting, return-to-provision true ups, etc.
- Preparation of annual Country-by-Country Report (CbCR);
- Preparation of annual corporate income tax return of the Dutch fiscal unity;
- Maintaining a close relationship and strong cooperation between the finance and tax departments.
The ideal candidate is in possession of a relevant master’s degree (e.g. accounting/finance/ economics/fiscal economics/tax law) and has gained at least 5 years of overall experience with accounting and/or tax and extensive knowledge of tax accounting and reporting within a multinational company. Your communication skills are on point and you have a strong personality. You enjoy working in a team and in a fast-paced environment. Furthermore, you are decisive and not scared of taking the lead. As Mammoet communicates in English, proficiency (verbal and written) is essential.
Apply for this position
Share this job