Senior VAT Manager | Uithoorn, The Netherlands / Flexible within Europe
The Senior VAT Manager reports to the EMEA Tax Director and will be part of the EMEA Tax Team of 25 tax professionals. The EMEA Tax Team is based in the Netherlands, Czech Republic and Poland. You will take ownership of all aspects of VAT across EMEA. This is a great opportunity to build and expand the VAT function in EMEA and to play a key role in designing the VAT processes in relation to the implementation one common ERP system in the region (SAP/4HANA). You will also be advising on all VAT issues and VAT processes.
More specifically the tasks and responsibilities include:
- Responsible for VAT advisory, projects and planning in the EMEA region.
- Be actively involved in the implementation of SAP/4HANA in EMEA by identifying, documenting and prioritizing VAT technology requirements.
- Coordinate the integration of a newly selected tax engine in the ERP system and other software tools in the countries of the region.
- Serve as a strong, proactive and pragmatic technical VAT advisor and work closely with the EMEA Tax Team, EMEA Customs team and other areas of the Company such as IT, Finance, Legal, Customer Service, Master Data, Supply Chain, Procurement to ensure that PPG is VAT compliant.
- Conduct a continuous VAT risk assessment and propose remediation plans to be taken forward with various departments.
- Planning: identify and assess indirect tax planning opportunities, as well as delivering the opportunities within the time frame by working together with the business and other departments.
- Handle VAT queries and support on international indirect tax matters as well as indirect tax controversies.
- Audit defense and liaison with external advisors.
- Analyze, adapt and implement VAT relevant legislation changes in operative processes.
- Respond to VAT queries from various functions of the organization with the support of external tax advisors or local Finance in case of country specific or complex topics.
- Support business & finance projects that require VAT input (e.g. new contracts, supply chain restructuring, M&A etc.).
- Develop and lead the implementation of global indirect tax policies, procedures and internal controls in close coordination with the finance teams.
- Oversee indirect tax systems and processes, including developing a control framework for how the company adheres to its indirect tax obligations.
- Manage one direct report (EMEA VAT Process Expert) with the possibility to expand scope and direct reports in due course.
- Currently, compliance is not part of the role, VAT compliance is handled by the VAT compliance team in our Shared Service Center in Brno, who you will be working closely with and advise them on compliance related matters that require specific VAT expertise and/or are of cross-border nature.
- Accounting or Law degree with at least 9 years of international experience in a VAT advisory role with a strong preference for in-house experience.
- Previous experience in dealing with the VAT matters associated with transactions in manufacturing environment with complex supply chains.
- Excellent theoretical and practical VAT knowledge in the EMEA region.
- Preferably technical experience in using and maintaining core ERP systems (Oracle and SAP) with regard to VAT. Being able to discuss with in-house IT/software developers about the required functionality in Indirect Tax Automation.
- Strong communication skills with an excellent command of the English language (verbally and in writing).
- Ability to work effectively across multiple cultures, functions and should have a proven track record of managing complex tax situations and delivering outstanding results for their organization.
- Proactive by nature, curious and willing to get an in-depth understanding of the business and to find practical solutions to complex tax problems.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
- Strong sense of initiative, responsibility and ownership.
- Ability to build and effectively manage relationship with stakeholders.
- Readiness for occasional travels abroad.
- Solution and results oriented, pragmatic.
- Team player, with an open non-political style and a high level of personal integrity
- Leadership, people management experience (as a plus) and ability to influence at all levels, working effectively across functions and geographies.
Apply for this position
Are you interested in this challenging in-house Senior VAT Manager position in and exiting company where there will be a lot of challenges and opportunities to develop yourself, please contact Rogier Ploeger or Patrick Asscher.
+31 (0)6 18841557
+31 (0)6 5380 9235
Share this job