Senior VAT Counsel | Den Haag
At the corporate center in The Hague the position has become vacant for a Senior VAT Counsel. He/she will report to the Head of Tax Netherlands and is a part of the larger tax team consisting of 17 professionals.
In this role as a a Senior VAT Counsel you are responsible for both VAT and Insurance Premium Tax technical analysis (e.g. in respect of insurance and asset management services) and VAT compliance. You will work on international projects such as divestments, acquisitions, corporate restructurings and financing activities. As a Senior VAT Counsel, you maintain contacts with external advisors and partners such as industry representation groups and the Dutch tax authorities. You will provide impact analysis of (new) tax laws and regulations.
More specifically the tasks and responsibilities include:
- Provide VAT and IPT advice to the business at own initiative or at request to relevant internal stakeholders;
- Advise and work on projects such as divestments, acquisitions, corporate restructurings and financing activities;
- Have regular meetings with finance and business to keep up to date with business developments and create tax awareness;
- Prepare VAT returns on a quarterly basis and the pro-rata calculation annually;
- Assess and implement tax technology opportunities to continuously improve VAT processes;
- Develop and maintain partnerships with a variety of internal and external stakeholders (e.g., tax authorities);
- Provide impact analysis of VAT developments and new regulations.
As a Senior VAT Counsel you are a highly skilled tax professional. You like working together with people with different professional and cultural backgrounds. You act as a true partner towards the business and you are capable to be clear on content while maintaining good working relationships with your counterparts. Your analytical and communication skills are excellent. You are pragmatic, eager to learn and to contribute to the success of the Group Tax team. Tax technology and tax risk management skills are considered a plus.
Moreover, you have the following qualifications:
- Master’s degree in Dutch tax law or fiscal economics.
- At least 6 years of experience in VAT (and IPT), both in the field of tax advisory and compliance.
- You have worked for large accounting firms, law firms, or in house at large international companies in the Financial Industry Sector .
- Solid understanding of business principles, allowing to assess impact of contemplated actions also beyond their tax effect.
- Fluent written and spoken English and Dutch is required.
Apply for this position
Share this job