Senior Transfer Pricing & Tax Counsel | Den Haag
At the corporate center in The Hague the position has become vacant for a Senior Transfer Pricing & Tax Counsel. He/she will report to the Head of International Tax and is a part of the larger tax team consisting of 17 professionals. In this role as a Senior Transfer Pricing & Tax Counsel, your main focus will be on transfer pricing. In addition, you will be involved in the tax oversight of Aegon’s international businesses and provide tax technical advice on cross border projects such as divestments, acquisitions, corporate restructurings and financing activities.
As a Senior Transfer Pricing & Tax Counsel, you liaise with tax professionals of other Aegon country units on a regular basis, you maintain contacts with stakeholders and external advisors. You will provide impact analysis of (new) tax TP developments and related opportunities.
More specifically the tasks and responsibilities include:
- Acting as the transfer pricing lead of the Group Tax team, proactively sharing your know-how and views within the organization
- Driving the implementation and correct interpretation by the Aegon business of all relevant transfer pricing rules as well as the Aegon Global Tax Policies
- Ensuring that Aegon is in control of its transfer pricing related disclosure requirements (including Aegon master files and local files, CbCR)
- Analysing key global transfer pricing issues and related opportunities with your counterparts
- Liaise with tax professionals of other Aegon country units on a regular basis, chairing meetings and driving the agenda of Aegons’ Global Transfer Pricing Committee
- Provide the tax technical advice and analyses on various Dutch corporate tax issues
- Maintaining contacts with external advisors and stakeholders such as industry representation groups and the Dutch tax authorities
- Providing (general) tax advice in respect of a wide variety of domestic and international projects such as divestments, acquisitions, corporate restructurings and financing activities
You are a highly skilled tax professional who enjoys working together with people having different professional and cultural backgrounds. You act as a true partner towards the business and you are capable to be clear on content while maintaining good working relationships with your counterparts. Your analytical and communication skills are excellent. You are pragmatic, positive and eager to learn. You have the ability to make a positive and cooperative connection with people across the globe and as a result contribute to the success of the Group Tax team.
Moreover, you have the following qualifications:
- Master’s degree in Dutch tax law or fiscal economics.
- At least 8 years of TP experience with a keen interest in International Corporate Income Tax.
- Your have worked for large accounting firms, law firms, or in house at large international companies (preferably within Financial Services sector).
- Solid understanding of business principles, allowing to assess impact of contemplated actions also beyond their tax effect.
- Fluent written and spoken English and Dutch is required.
Apply for this position
Are you an ambitious International Tax or Transfer Pricing professional and ready for a next step in your career? Please contact Rogier Ploeger or Patrick Asscher to express your interest or learn more about this role and team.
+31 (0)6 18841557
+31 (0)6 53809235
Share this job