Senior Tax Specialist
LyondellBasell | Rotterdam
At the European head office in Rotterdam the new position of a Senior Tax Analyst has arisen. The Senior Tax Analyst is part of the Global Tax Reporting Group – 30 tax professionals worldwide – and reports to the Tax Supervisor Non-US In the Rotterdam office the Reporting team is made up of 4 Tax Accounting and Reporting Specialists. This team is responsible for Non US tax compliance, tax reporting and to ensure tax processes are embedded in the organization. The group is also heavily focused on enhancements through tax technology. You will be preparing and reviewing tax compliance returns for mainly the BENELUX region and supporting the tax reporting processes (US GAAP and IFRS) for the Non US region and supporting on implementing in Tax Technology improvements.
The main tasks and responsibilities include:
- Assist with preparation and review of year-end tax provision schedules for the Non-US region:
- Assist in preparation and review of current and deferred tax calculation;
- Preparation of required footnotes and disclosures;
- Assist with managing the workflows and liaise with local controllers about their input for the quarterly provision process.
- Preparation of corporate income tax returns for the BENELUX region
- Assist in preparation of the quarterly and annual international tax provision such as the tax reporting for outside basis differences.
- Assist in reviewing quarterly International and annual tax accounting calculations for Non-US jurisdictions, including effective tax rate analysis and valuation allowance analysis
- Assist in the preparation of quarterly tax account roll forwards and reconciliation schedules like deferred balance roll forwards and tax effects in OCI/ equity
- Assist in preparation of consolidated reports like monthly cash tax and ETR forecasting, FX (tax) exposure reports, etc for applicable jurisdictions
- Assist in writing clear and concise technical memorandum supporting tax issues
- Participate in setting up and preparing trainings for tax accounting teams and local finance teams
- Participate in special projects and participate in projects to improve the tax reporting and compliance processes. Projects could relate to the integration of workflow tools (SharePoint), accounting software (SAP), reporting software (HFM) and tax provision software (OneSource Tax Provision)
- Contribute to the (tax) reporting and compliance awareness/ appreciation within the LYB Group and service oriented towards the Group’s Organizations like Treasury, Finance, Legal, Business
- Bachelor or master degree in tax or accounting
- 3 to 5 years’ work experience ideally within a large corporate international tax environment and/or big 4 accounting firm.
- Extensive experience with tax compliance, a.o. preparing tax returns
- Basic understanding of US GAAP and IFRS
- Experience with SAP, HFM, OneSource is a plus
- Highly self-motivated, takes initiative and works efficiently with attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment which requires prioritization and ability to multi-task.
- Good numerical and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills
- Fluent in English and Dutch
Apply for this job
Are you interested in this position and you want to work in a challenging and demanding environment, please contact Rogier Ploeger
+31 (0)6 1884 1557
Share this job