Senior Tax Specialist | Hoofddorp
At the FedEx International Centre in Hoofddorp an opportunity has arisen for the position of a Senior Tax Specialist. You will be part of the FedEx Europe Tax Team and will be reporting to the Manager Tax. You will be responsible and a focal point for tax affairs in a subregion within Europe (a.o. Netherlands, Belgium and Luxembourg). The focus is on corporate income tax. The main responsibilities and activities include amongst others:
- Monitor the tax position of entities in the countries in scope to minimize tax exposures and to ensure compliance with tax legislation and FedEx policies. You will be covering predominantly corporate income tax but you will also be involved with handling indirect tax under the guidance of the Indirect Tax team members;
- Identify and execute tax optimization opportunities e.g. R&D incentives, avoiding double taxation, cash tax optimization and obtaining tax refunds;
- Provide tax advice and assistance to the business in the region;
- Assist in local tax audits;
- Liaise with internal stakeholders and external service providers within the respective European subregion in order to ensure CIT compliance including review of CIT returns;
- Provide input to the tax accounting Center of Excellence with respect to tax accounting and reporting matters within the respective subregion;
- Assist with external reporting such as CbCR, DAC6;
- Manage information and documentation requests from group entities and business;
- Assist in analyzing (impact of) current tax trends (BEPS 2.0, …);
- Maintain and follow the principles of the FedEx Tax control framework;
- Some travel required – incl. regular presence in Brussels office (Covid measures allowing).
The ideal candidate has a degree in tax law or tax economics and some 5+ years of relevant experience in international taxation gained within a big 4 and/or experience in an international company. You have hands-on knowledge of tax regimes in the important countries in the region, meaning up to date knowledge of Dutch Corporate taxation and International taxation. Experience with Belgian and/or Luxembourg tax systems is considered a plus as well as an understanding of VAT. You are analytical and you have strong communication and presentation skills. You are fluent in Dutch and English, whereas French language skills are a plus. Furthermore you are able to translate technical knowledge into practical solutions.
Apply for this position
Are you interested in this challenging in-house position at a multinational company which core business is connecting the world, please contact Rogier Ploeger.
+31 (0)6 18841557
Share this job