Senior Tax Manager | Utrecht area
An opportunity has arisen to join the Group Tax team in the headquarters near Utrecht as a Senior Tax Manager. You will be joining an enthusiastic team of 5 people and report to the Group Head of Tax. The rest of the team are specialists in (international) corporate tax, wage tax, VAT and/or tax compliance.
You will be responsible for the tax accounting and reporting of the group. These activities are focused on monitoring and reviewing the group tax accounting during quarterly and year end close. You will also cover a wide range of responsibilities including handling and advising on national and international tax matters. Depending on your background, experiences and preferences, specific tasks and responsibilities can be assigned to the position in consultation. As an experienced professional and expert in your field you will be able to act as the deputy Head of Tax if required.
The responsibilities include:
- Responsible for the tax accounting positions in internal and external reporting. You will be the primary point of contact for tax accounting with our external auditor and are responsible for the drafting of tax disclosures in annual accounts.
- Monitor and review of tax accounting reports from the Netherlands and other operating companies of the Group across Europe. Drive improvement of tax accounting processes.
- Enhance and maintain the Tax Control Framework in the Netherlands and support in designing and implementation of TCFs in other countries. You will test the effectiveness of the TCF in close cooperation with the FSSC’s and internal tax specialists.
- You will work closely together with the Group Head of Tax on tax strategy, planning and all other matters, both internally and externally.
- Be a business partner and advise on international construction projects and other day-to-day matters.
- Other activities depending on personal interest and knowledge.
Please note that Tax Compliance is not part of the responsibilities.
- University degree in fiscal economics, tax law or accounting.
- At least 8 years of proven work experience at corporate or tax consultancy side
- Experience in a stock listed company and/or an international project environment is an asset.
- Knowledge of key accounting principles, experience with IFRS.
- You are a business partner and comfortable in giving both solicited and proactive advice and formulating effective recommendations.
- You bring a high degree of self-motivation and drive to succeed.
- A hands-on and can-do mentality. You are a team player and can work independently with excellent attention to detail. Result oriented and able to manage change.
- An excellent command of English, both written and oral; speaking Dutch would be an asset.
Apply for this position
Share this job