Senior Tax Counsel
Aegon | The Hague
At the Corporate head office based in The Hague the position of Senior Tax Counsel has arisen. He/she is part of Group Tax that consists of some 12 people. The tax group gives advice to and works together with Aegon’s Dutch local business, perform an oversight role in respect of Aegon’s non-Dutch units, and deal with/coordinate the global tax issues that Aegon faces. You will work with business, finance, treasury, legal and tax colleagues around the world.
For this position, we are looking for a senior tax professional with proven experience in the financial services sector and with affinity for tax technical analysis (e.g. in respect of financial transactions, portfolio investments, derivatives and insurance technical provision.
In addition, your activities are:
- Provide high end (inter)national tax advice and support to the regions on a broad variety of taxation (international) corporate income tax;
- Advise and work on international projects such as divestments, acquisitions, corporate restructurings and financing activities;
- Develop, evaluate and implement sustainable tax optimization strategies for the Dutch and foreign operations considering opportunities, risks, international tax developments and economics of the business;
- Pro-actively ensure effective tax risk management
- Liaise with various stakeholders, like the internal departments (e.g. legal, finance), the tax authorities, external tax advisors and industry representation groups.
The ideal candidate has a university degree in Dutch tax law or fiscal economics and at least 9 years’ experience in international taxation preferably gained at a big4 consultancy or in-house. Experience in in international tax advisory for the financial services industry (banking, insurance, asset managers, private equity and pension funds) is considered a strong plus.
You have an energetic and inspiring personality. You are (or can develop into) a team manager. You are capable to be clear on content while maintaining good working relationships with your counterparts. You are pragmatic, eager to learn and you want to contribute to the success of the Group Tax team. Fluent English and Dutch is required.
Apply for this job
Are you interested in this challenging and exiting senior tax position want to learn more about it, please contact Rogier Ploeger
Share this job