Senior Tax Compliance & Reporting Specialist | Amsterdam
At Optiver Europe, the regional office based in Amsterdam, a new position has arisen for a Senior Tax Compliance & Reporting Specialist. The Senior Tax Compliance & Reporting Specialist will report to the Head of Tax and will be responsible for setting up (further develop) the tax accounting and tax compliance process, that will help meet all tax compliance and reporting obligations in a consistent manner for the various jurisdictions Optiver Europe is operating in. Next to handling the day-to-day tax accounting issues and managing the reporting cycles the Senior Tax Compliance & Reporting Specialist will play an important role in making the transition to a more automated tax reporting process.
More specifically the main tasks & responsibilities include:
- Manage all international corporate Income tax compliance deadlines. Prepare tax filings and gather information requested by the advisors and review tax returns prepared (externally) to ensure timely and accurate tax return filings and payments with all appropriate Authorities;
- Responsible for all tax compliance related filings, primarily CIT, but also including WHT, VAT, Wage Tax;
- Responsible for the monthly, quarterly and annual tax close / tax reporting processes, this includes the preparation, collection and review of reporting packs in conjunction with finance department;
- Take the lead in automating the tax reporting process and work on the improvement and maintenance of the financial reporting process and systems;
- Ensure timely and accurate compliance with all IFRS tax accounting guidelines.
- Ensure that accounting records show up-to-date positions of current and deferred tax;
- Support and manage complex tax audits in various countries, connect with tax authorities and/or the external auditor, create and implement solutions;
- Correspond with local tax authorities on local country notices, elections and tax assessments;
- Responsible for risk management relating to tax compliance, tax accounting & reporting, this includes improving the Tax Control Framework and the preparation, review and collection of tax position papers;
- Manage Country-by-Country reporting requirements;
- Provide (financial) input for tax planning analyses, tax audits, tax review of business transactions and business restructurings;
- Liaise with various internal departments and support the tax team with ad hoc tax queries;
- Cooperate with Group Tax and other regional tax departments;
- Maintain good relationship with external advisors and tax authorities.
The ideal candidate has a solid experience in Tax Compliance and Reporting, is experienced, a quick learner and has potential to grow in this fast paced and expanding organisation.
- HEAO and/or university degree in taxation;
- Approximately 7-10 years of (international) tax reporting experience gained at a Big 4, international consultancy firm. Preferably combined with some in-house experience;
- Solid experience in Tax Compliance, Accounting & Reporting;
- Knowledge of IFRS tax accounting principles;
- Perceptive, confident and able to work independently;
- Strong analytical, numerical and problem-solving skills;
- Attention to detail;
- Strong computer skills, keen interest in tax automation;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English;
- Team player, flexible and adaptable to change in a fast-paced environment.
Apply for this position
We offer this interesting and challenging in-house position at Optiver Europe. Do you want to learn more about it, please contact Rogier Ploeger
+31 (0)6 18841557
Share this job