Senior Tax Accounting & Reporting Specialist | Hoofddorp
At the FedEx International Centre in Hoofddorp an opportunity has arisen for the position of a Senior Tax Accounting & Reporting Specialist. You will be part of the FedEx Europe Tax Team and will be reporting to the Manager Tax Reporting. The Senior Tax Accounting & Reporting Specialist will be supporting the Corporate Income Tax accounting and reporting for all legal entities (200+) in Europe & MEISA within FedEx.
The main responsibilities and activities include amongst others:
- Contribute to the Center of Excellence Tax Accounting & Reporting for Europe and MEISA;
- Contribute to the US GAAP based income tax accounting process for all legal entities in Europe and MEISA (in total over 200 entities);
- Align with stakeholders including regional and Corporate Accounting as well as US based global tax accounting teams;
- Support the timely and accurate preparation of reporting of the complex quarterly and annual US GAAP tax provision exercise through the use of applicable tax accounting technology, including return-to-provision exercise;
- Maintain the tax accounts in the general ledger system in a timely, accurate and high-quality manner;
- Monitor timely tax payments, forecasting and tracking;
- Assist with tax calculations for the local GAAP financial statements, with special focus on Dutch entities;
- Provide input and support to all global tax initiatives;
- Drive the internal control framework, with a focus on process improvements, risk management and data efficiency;
- Develop and maintain knowledge on relevant technology developments and actively contribute to FedEx’ Global Tax Technology Strategy.
The ideal candidate has a degree in Tax or Accounting and some 6-8 years of experience in a multinational in-house corporate tax department and/or Big 4 tax consultancy firm. You have excellent accounting and tax accounting skills, including tax accounting technology experience, whereas US GAAP experience is considered a plus as is understanding of CIT rules and Dutch corporate income tax compliance experience. You have strong communication skills, you are analytically strong and have the ability to interpret various types of financial information. A self-starter with the ability to independently diagnose and resolve problems, but at the same time have the ability to work in coordination with US tax teams, Finance and Accounting. You are fluent in English, whereas another EU language is a plus.
Apply for this position
Are you interested in this challenging in-house position at a multinational company which core business is connecting the world, please contact Patrick Asscher or Rogier Ploeger.
+31 (0)6 5380 9235
+31 (0)6 18841557
Share this job