Senior Manager Tax Accounting | Schiphol-Rijk
At the European head office based in Schiphol Rijk the position for a Senior Manager Tax Accounting has become vacant. The Senior Manager Tax Accounting reports to the Tax Director. Furthermore he or she is part of the global tax team. You will be responsible for delivery of the Dutch quarterly ASC740 tax accounting reports, including related items such as SOx and FIN 48 reports. You will take the lead with the Dutch tax reporting filing and compliance processes, ensuring timely and accurate filings, obtaining extensions and documenting relevant positions taken. You will maintain the relationship with the Dutch tax authorities, also in light of our TCF and Horizontal Monitoring covenant.
In this role you will work with a wide range of multi-disciplinary teams and senior stakeholders, to lead on providing tax analysis and solutions on complex projects, transactions and business initiatives across the LG group. Position includes an analysis of tax exposure/risk to the company or projects along with implementation of these projects.
Overall the responsibilities will include:
- Takes the lead in preparation and review of the Dutch Corporate Income Tax returns & all other tasks relevant to Dutch Corporate Income Tax compliance.
- Manages the quarterly tax provision for the Dutch fiscal unities and other Dutch standalone entities, including preparation and review of the Dutch tax positions under ASC740, Income Taxes (USGAAP) and IAS12, Income Taxes (IFRS), including maintenance and update the key SOx controls.
- Managing documentation/calculation /strategy towards the Dutch valuation allowance determination.
- Point of contact in respect of communication to and from the Dutch Tax authorities (incl. TCF and Horizontal Monitoring).
- Support the wider Global Tax team on Transfer Pricing projects and maintaining an in depth understanding of the group’s Transfer Pricing models.
- Support with Dutch Tax Audits/Questionnaires/DAC6 and CbCR.
- Assist with the tracking of compliance of the Liberty Global footprint in relation to the Group’s Tax Policy and Tax Operating Procedures.
- Support the wider Global Tax team on ad hoc tax strategy projects, tax modelling, tax forecasting including monitoring / assessing of relevant future tax regulations/law change.
- Monitor & communicate future possible automation/system technology opportunities.
- Contribute to the Tax (Accounting) Technical training within Liberty Global.
- Contribute to tax awareness and appreciation within Liberty Global.
- Solid academics, Bachelor or Master Degree in Accounting or Tax education, CPA and/or ACA required and relevant experience working in a mixed accounting / tax environment with Big 4 or similar corporate function.
- Technically proficient with Tax and Accounting concepts and knowledge of ASC740 (US GAAP) and/or IAS12 (IFRS) – accounting for Income Taxes and extensive experience preparing complex Dutch tax filings, computations and returns.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and of Hyperion Financial Management or similar accounting systems. A very strong interest in process automation.
- Fluent in English (spoken and written), advanced proficiency level of Dutch preferred.
- Comfortable with the complex tax analysis/interpretation and strategic decision making that is required in this role.
- Ability to recognize complex issues and implications and seek assistance when necessary.
- Methodical and accurate worker who takes responsibility for tasks and delivers on time.
- A strong communicator with the ability to partner with peers, local operating companies, Tax leadership and the wider business.
- Proactive and enthusiastic towards contributing to projects and general office environment.
- You are fluent in Dutch and English.
Apply for this position
Are you interested in this Senior Manager Tax Accounting position and would like to work in an international and dynamic environment please contact Rogier Ploeger.
+31 (0)6 18841557
Share this job