EMEA Indirect Tax Senior Manager | Amsterdam
EMEA Indirect Tax Senior Manager will be a member of the EMEA Finance team and will report directly to the Tax Director EMEA. This role will be supporting our businesses in Germany, United Kingdom, Ireland, Benelux, Nordics & Growing Markets and must have scope to expand to other jurisdictions within 12 months, demonstrating regional indirect tax expertise with a strong sense of ownership.
We are looking for an enthusiastic hands-on regional tax professional with in-depth indirect tax knowledge. You will ensure compliance with all local tax laws and regulations whilst optimizing indirect tax processes within EMEA.
As the EMEA Indirect Tax Senior Manager, you will:
- Transition and set up indirect tax function in EMEA
- Collaborate with cross-functional departments and provide indirect tax advice with respect to business operations and expansion, contract negotiation, M&A, cross border transactions
- Develop and implement indirect tax road map on how to best conduct business in new markets
- Develop, implement and lead indirect tax risk and opportunity analytics and forecasting including identifying mitigation plans and leading execution thereof
- Transition EMEA indirect tax compliance process previously prepared outside the region and/or by external tax advisors within EMEA tax function
- Coordinate and perform succesfull indirect tax audit risk management
- Monitor legislative and regulatory indirect tax law developments and develop future forward-looking vision to identify trends in the short and long term which can impact the business
- Advise and execute strategy for including indirect tax processes in IT/ERP systems
- Be involved in customs or other indirect tax issues and queries that come up on a day-to-day basis.
Required skills /qualifications
The ideal candidate has a master in tax and at least 8+ years of experience, having started her/his career at a large international Tax advisory firm, followed by in-house experience. As this will be the first EMEA Indirect Tax Senior Manager role within Fluence you will need to be hands-on and pro-active and at the same time be senior to be able the influence the process and various stakeholders. You will have:
- In-depth knowledge of European VAT requirements
- Some knowledge of customs rules is considered a strong plus
- Good communicator, good stakeholder management skills and a proactive personality
- Ability to work in a dynamic organization, embracing change and working independently
- Strong English verbal and written language skills are required.
At Fluence, we strive to continuously improve, to be intellectually curious and be adaptive to our customers’ and employees’ needs. Collaboration is key, both in our partnerships with our customers and with each other. Fluence prioritizes the most critical efforts that allow for the greatest impact.
Working on transforming a fundamental part of our society is exciting and fulfilling. It requires creativity, diversity of ideas and backgrounds, and building trust to effect change and move with speed. We respect our coworkers and customers. We listen to what others have to say, and we are inclusive.
You must enjoy working in a high growth environment and evolving commercial business models.
You should contribute to building a sustainable business of global scale.
Apply for this position
Are you looking for a new and exciting Indirect Tax position in a sustainable environment and do you want to learn more please contact Rogier Ploeger .
+31 (0)6 18841557
Share this job