Manager Tax Strategy | Zaandam
The Global Tax Department manages all tax affairs of the company and its subsidiaries located in the US and Europe. It is a global department with staff located in various states in the US, Belgium and the Netherlands. The Global Tax Department sets the tax strategy and at the same time focuses on compliance for direct and indirect taxes. This requires the department to monitor all tax developments, which is done with passion and diligence.
The Tax Team Europe, based in Zaandam and Zellik, is responsible for all large portfolio of transactional taxes ranging from CIT, Transfer Pricing to VAT as well as for global, European and local Benelux tax strategy and implementation for amongst other financing and IP, for TP, for Tax Risk Management, for Tax Accounting and for tax Technology. It is an exciting portfolio with many interesting tax challenges. You will be working closely with a team of highly qualified and experienced tax professionals.
The Manager Tax Strategy reports to the Director Tax Strategy Group and Europe. You will primarily advise on corporate income tax within the European region and for the Group entities / transactions.
The responsibilities of the Manager Tax Strategy can be summarized as follows:
- Group, European and the Dutch Tax Strategy
- Draft and coordinate the Group and European tax planning policy and strategy and coordinate the execution of this strategy and relating projects;
- Initiate, implement and control tax planning on an Group, European and Dutch level;
- Implement and control complex international tax projects;
- Support in various business projects;
- Manage and coordinate M&A at group, European and Dutch level for direct taxes;
- Manage, assist in and follow up on major direct tax litigation.
The Manager Tax Strategy engages generally with;
- Director Tax Strategy Group and Europe
- VP Tax Europe, the Tax Management Team , GSO and local tax associates
- various internal GSO and EU departments such as Treasury, Legal, BSF, Finance
- Local Operational Management Teams
- Local Tax Authorities
- External tax advisors
The ideal candidate is a tax technically strong tax professional with an eye for detail and good project management skills.
The requirements for this position are:
- Master degree in Tax Law or Tax Economics;
- At least 8 years of experience in international and Dutch tax planning;
- In depth experience with international corporate income tax planning and Dutch and European tax legislation, preferably at least some years within a Big Four or international Tax Law Firm. Some in-house experience is considered a plus;
- Strong analytical and writing skills;
- Strong communication and influence skills;
- Eager to learn, upbeat and self-reliant;
- Team spirit and team player;
- Fluent in Dutch and English.
Apply for this position
Do you recognize yourself in the above profile and do you want to learn more about this very challenging Tax Strategy position, please contact Rogier Ploeger.
+31 (0)6 18841557
Share this job