International Tax Manager | Amsterdam
At the Tesla EMEA head office in Amsterdam the new position has arisen for an International Tax Manager. He/she will report to the Senior Manager Tax EMEA and will become part of the EMEA Tax team which has been growing steadily and currently consists of 12 employees. The International Tax Manager will be responsible for a wide range of tax matters but the main focus will be on management of (strategic) tax projects and corporate income tax planning initiatives in the EMEA region. A proven track record in managing corporate income tax matters in multiple jurisdictions, combined with an excellent understanding of both local, European and international tax rules will be essential to succeed in this position.
The International Tax Manager will be responsible for the following:
- Managing corporate income tax, withholding tax and other direct tax projects and initiatives for all EMEA legal entities.
- Provide tax technical input and support with respect to special projects such as new market entries, cross border transactions, energy deals and group financing.
- Contribute to the design, implementation and maintenance of transfer pricing policies for the EMEA region.
- Managing corporate income tax and transfer pricing audits throughout the region (and coordinate with VAT and employment tax groups where needed).
- Assist with implementing tax risk management and tax control processes for the group.
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with external service providers, auditors and tax authorities.
- Provide input and support to CIT compliance process and the statutory and US GAAP tax reporting processes where needed and prepare position papers on uncertain tax positions.
To keep in pace with the ferocious growth of the company, it will be essential to maintain a highly structured and disciplined approach.
The International Tax Manager will work closely with the business and other parts of the finance department, the wider International Tax team, as well as with external service providers.
As the role develops
As the company is growing very rapidly, both in terms of product diversity and geographical footprint, the role is expected to develop accordingly. This role is therefore perfectly positioned for growth as the organization expands.
The candidate is expected to develop in this role and independently manage tax projects and support in a wide variety of tax queries that come up in the region. You will find solutions and will need to be a trustworthy business partner who can maintain close connections and relations with the business and the rest of the tax team.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- University degree in fiscal economics or tax law.
- At least 7-10 years of relevant experience in an international corporate income tax practice, in-house experience is considered a plus.
- Hands-on experience with at least some of our larger jurisdictions in the EMEA region (Netherlands, UK and Germany) is a big plus.
- Solid project management and planning capabilities, combined with an excellent feel for and understanding of finance processes and how to balance those against tax requirements.
- Be capable of achieving short-term results, whilst never losing the right end-state out of sight.
- Not be daunted by staggering growth and the development needs that come with it.
- A self-starter who is able to work effectively and autonomously.
- A great communicator who can build strong working relationships with external advisors and internal stakeholders.
- Accustomed to multitasking, prioritizing and meeting challenging deadlines.
- Flexibility to collaborate with our US headquarters across multiple time zones; willingness to travel occasionally.
- Knowledge of ERP systems (Microsoft Dynamics is an advantage).
- Fluency in English and Dutch (additional language capabilities are a plus).
- A flexible working attitude and feeling at home in a challenging yet informal corporate environment.
Apply for this position
Share this job