Tax Manager | Breda (other locations optional)
Within the EMEA Tax Team the position of a Tax Manager has become available. The Tax Manager will be a part of the EMEA tax team consisting of 7 other members located in different countries. He/she will report to the Tax Director EMEA. The Tax Manager will be taking on primary responsibility for tax for Fortive in one or more countries within the EMEA region and will be operating (independently and within the team) on a wide variety pan European tax projects. Furthermore the Tax manager will support the Tax Director and the other members of the EMEA tax team on various day-to-day or ad hoc tax issues that come up.
The role is predominantly focused on international corporate income tax, you will have a more limited and supportive role with respect to tax accounting and reporting and transfer pricing as this is mainly managed from the US.
More specifically the tasks and responsibilities include:
- Principal tax contact for one or more EMEA countries on their day-to-day tax affairs. This includes planning and implementation of M&A and other tax projects;
- Support the M&A tax team with due diligence, perform tax analysis to support deal planning, and support deal integration efforts;
- Support EMEA tax team members as appropriate on a wide variety of projects;
- Develop a strong understanding of the relevant Fortive operating companies and develop relationships with key contacts and stakeholders (internal and external);
- Support the US Transfer Pricing team with respect to tax effective supply chain management and documentation;
- US group reporting (ASC740, FIN48) and tax audit support;
- Implementation of continuous improvement of tax processes under Fortive Business Systems (FBS).Manage relationships with tax authorities and other relevant authorities via regular communication and meetings;
- Monitor and analyze legislative and other relevant tax changes, and advise on potential impact to the Fortive operating companies;
- University degree in Tax Law of Tax Economics
- 4-7 years’ International Corporate Income Tax experience at a major and international accounting or law firm
- Experience with acquisitions and divestitures, including post-merger integrations is a plus.
- Experience with US international tax planning and/or a basic understanding of tax accounting and reporting is a plus.
- Ability to work independently and under pressure within strict time constraints.
- Successful working independently and as a member of a team.
- Strong communication skills and a high sense of ownership.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
- you are a self-motivated and pro-active tax professional comfortable with taking initiative with poise and diplomacy
- Some travel may be required.
Apply for this position
Are you interested in this dynamic and fast-paced environment or you want to learn more about the company, position, challenges and opportunities to work from different locations, please contact Rogier Ploeger.
+31 (0)6 18841557
Share this job